Mango update now live!

I'm getting more and more excited and anxious the more I read about people getitng Mango ;)

Hopefully I wil receive it today or at least this week. I have a Telcel (Mexico) LG Optimus 7.

Exciting! Thinking about heading out to an AT&T store to check out some WP7 phones. Mango definitely shows a lot of promise.

The OS is pretty nice, I agree. However, I haven't seen a single phone design I truly like so far. :/

Got my update on my samsung focus. Boy howdee does it bootup quick! 3g access/signal detection also seems better. I get 2 bars instead of edge at work now.

It also seems they decreased animation times, so things navigate quicker.

The OS is pretty nice, I agree. However, I haven't seen a single phone design I truly like so far. :/

This has been my issue too. The Samsung Focus is probably the closest, but I'm extremely wary of Samsung WP7 phones.

For people not getting it yet:

http://www.wpcentral...h-zune-software

try that out and see if it works.

Hm... I'll give it a shot.

Question though for anyone that might know. What in the world is build 7403? This is the first I'm hearing of it...

And I also like this line from the 7403 install window in Zune: "Because updates are cumulative, when you install the latest update, you'll also get all the previous updates we've released if your phone doesn't have them already"... Is that why I have to install 3 separate updates? LMAO I love Microsoft, but that's not what cumulative means...

Hm... I'll give it a shot.

Question though for anyone that might know. What in the world is build 7403? This is the first I'm hearing of it...

And I also like this line from the 7403 install window in Zune: "Because updates are cumulative, when you install the latest update, you'll also get all the previous updates we've released if your phone doesn't have them already"... Is that why I have to install 3 separate updates? LMAO I love Microsoft, but that's not what cumulative means...

I'm installing that now, I assume that is the update that had to be installed before the Mango beta to provision the phone, that's why if you didn't have the Mango beta you're getting it now.

It worked!! Thanks! Count 25 seconds.

HTC Trophy Vodafone Greece receiving update as we speak :)

Sweet Jeebus it worked!

The Mango installation took a really long time and the phone's been stuck on the penultimate step restarting the phone for at least 15 minutes. Is this normal?

Ah, I was just being impatient. The restart step has just completed and it's on the final step now. I guess I should have expected such a big update to take a while but the lack of a progress indicator can lead to nervousness.

Ooh, my phone says Success! and I have Mango :)

I'm installing that now, I assume that is the update that had to be installed before the Mango beta to provision the phone, that's why if you didn't have the Mango beta you're getting it now.

Yeah, Wikipedia just lists it as an unknown update. Mine went right to installing 7720 after updating to 7403.

Yeah, that had me scratching my head as well. The odd thing is that when they are talking about service packs for Windows, they actually use the term correctly!

Yeah, Wikipedia just lists it as an unknown update. Mine went right to installing 7720 after updating to 7403.

Mine has as well, downloading it now.

Mine has as well, downloading it now.

I'm curious about something in your sig: what exactly is the difference between the model of HD7 you have and the one I have here in the US (other than the 3G frequencies since I'm on T-Mobile here)? You have yours listed as "O2 UK Exclusive".

edit: mine sure is sitting at step 7 of 9 for a while when installing 7720! (the lack of any type of percentage on the progress bar is very disturbing!)

For some reason the update didn't work the first time, it was in the restarting phone process and failed or w/e, I wasn't paying attention to it. So I'm trying it again. Still, I have no idea why it's taking so long for the update to even download, it's going so slow.

Well, that worked. I got Mango. Thanks so much for the help. :)

Does anyone know how it works now with Visual Voicemail. Is it basically a "If it's there it's there" kind of thing?

I guess now to see how long it takes for the Marketplace to let me know I have app updates... LOL I know there are plenty...

\ Still, I have no idea why it's taking so long for the update to even download, it's going so slow.

Well, it probably has something to do with everyone hammering the servers trying to get it!

Does anyone know how it works now with Visual Voicemail. Is it basically a "If it's there it's there" kind of thing?

When I was running the beta, I had to go to the options on my T-Mobile account and turn on the feature (at least they don't charge extra for it).

When I was running the beta, I had to go to the options on my T-Mobile account and turn on the feature (at least they don't charge extra for it).

Really? You had to do that directly with T-Mobile, not on the phone, correct? I guess I'll see if there's any such setting for Verizon. I used to have Visual Voicemail when I had WinMo on Verizon, so I would think I would be able to get it. I suspect they'll be trying to charge me though as they did for WinMo... :(