Mango update now live!

Well damn, I've run into a new error, not the only one it seems, with my LG Optimus 7. Can't update to mango now. Sux.

Can't wait for AT&T to push out the official updates for HD7-S. Running beta Mango on my phone right now, and it feels like I have a whole new phone. So many new things to play with :}

well after getting no notification this afternoon I saw the post @wpcentral about how to force it. did it and its updating as we speak. cant wait to have lovely mango juice all over my face.

Really? You had to do that directly with T-Mobile, not on the phone, correct? I guess I'll see if there's any such setting for Verizon.

That's correct. It is one of the features of the plan with T-Mobile, but it isn't enabled by default (since before today, most phones didn't have the feature available). They've had the feature available on their site for quite some time now though, as it has been there since I started using the Mango beta.

What happened to it halfway? It just rebooted? :o

It completed the 74XX intermediary update - and then it just started rebooting every time it turned on - wouldn't get past the Windows Phone logo. Totally messed itself up. Now in the LONG process of restoring a backup @____@

its done and Im Mangofied. question. i want to wipe my phone and start from default. my restore date is sept 27, is that pre update or what

Settings -> About -> Reset Phone. Totally clean slate.

I'm curious about something in your sig: what exactly is the difference between the model of HD7 you have and the one I have here in the US (other than the 3G frequencies since I'm on T-Mobile here)? You have yours listed as "O2 UK Exclusive".

edit: mine sure is sitting at step 7 of 9 for a while when installing 7720! (the lack of any type of percentage on the progress bar is very disturbing!)

Because in the UK O2 were the only ones to have the 16GB version in stock when windows phone was released.

Because in the UK O2 were the only ones to have the 16GB version in stock when windows phone was released.

Oh, OK. Well, the T-Mobile one here is 16GB as well. So you and I essentially have the same phone, other than the frequencies for 3G.

Oh, OK. Well, the T-Mobile one here is 16GB as well. So you and I essentially have the same phone, other than the frequencies for 3G.

Yes, it's exactly the same. The only variant is AT&T's HD7S which has an SLCD screen.

Came home and connected my 7712 Focus (1.3) to Zune and the update just popped up! :D Now installing beta cleanup update. Almost done!

I sent my LG in today, LG will probably have it sometime tomorrow, if all goes well I should get it back someday next week with mango already installed so I don't have to do it myself.