Thoughts on mango so far?

I feel like I have a new phone again since updating it lol I like how much faster it is and the new chat system which i cant seem to get facebook chat working :\ Multitasking is a plus! Love it!

Only two issues I've had so far are that some, sorry most, of the HTC apps aren't Mango ready and so fail to update and sometimes apps just either fail to download or get as far as installing then fail.

But overall the speed increase and new features outweigh those two negatives.

Checked it on a friends Focus S.

I gotta say the somooth just got even more smoother.

An loved the Multitasking.

Yeah, I didn't think the OS could get smoother. I love it.

I have a couple of quibbles that I wish had been done differently, but nothing really serious at all. Really it's all stupid things like wanting to be able to hide fields from a person's detail screen in the people hub (With multiple networks now I have multiple "Company Fields", "Birthday Fields", etch for different networks. One would suffice.

I LOVE the holidays and birthdays automatically going in the calendar. Really nice feature. I noticed thought that for a birthday if someone doesn't have the year it does not get added to the calendar in case anyone's having trouble with this. I had to create a separate Birthday field in Live to correct this, but now I have 2 Birthday Fields... :( And of course I still wish I could color code my own appointments in the calendar.

Actually, the one annoyance I do have is when waking your phone you have to wait now for the date and time to show. That wasn't the case with NoDo and it does kind of annoy me.

Overall though, I love the OS...

I LOVE the holidays and birthdays automatically going in the calendar. Really nice feature. I noticed thought that for a birthday if someone doesn't have the year it does not get added to the calendar in case anyone's having trouble with this. I had to create a separate Birthday field in Live to correct this, but now I have 2 Birthday Fields... :( And of course I still wish I could color code my own appointments in the calendar.

(Y)

I have a couple of quibbles that I wish had been done differently, but nothing really serious at all. Really it's all stupid things like wanting to be able to hide fields from a person's detail screen in the people hub (With multiple networks now I have multiple "Company Fields", "Birthday Fields", etch for different networks. One would suffice.

Actually, the one annoyance I do have is when waking your phone you have to wait now for the date and time to show. That wasn't the case with NoDo and it does kind of annoy me.

Actually, I take that back. Apparently creating a new birthday doesn't fix that after all... How odd. So it only pulls that from Facebook?

It's definitely like having a new/better phone :)

I have one question though, when you hit the volume button what is that fraction that pops down on the left hand side mean? Mine says 20/30? Any ideas?

Thanks

I have one question though, when you hit the volume button what is that fraction that pops down on the left hand side mean? Mine says 20/30? Any ideas?

Thanks

Nvmd figure it...sorry

Thanks

Nvmd figure it...sorry

LOL! its fine dude! but yeah its like having a new phone i couldnt stop using it since the update just like the first time i bought it.

Ordered my phone online since my phone company didnt have any in stock. Had a blackberry, last month switched to android and dont like it at all. Can't wait for my windows phone and all these people saying how great the update is im happy i get to start being a wp7 user after the update.

I had some issues with the transparent wallpaper prior to the updates, I just switched to a regular one. Aside from that this update is amazing!

what do you mean by transparent wallpaper?

Only two issues I've had so far are that some, sorry most, of the HTC apps aren't Mango ready and so fail to update and sometimes apps just either fail to download or get as far as installing then fail.

But overall the speed increase and new features outweigh those two negatives.

Which apps are you having problems with? All my HTC apps installed fine.

The only issue I had was with Attentive Phone, however it's just a change to the way it works. It no longer has it's own icon, instead it appears in your settings pane (and doesn't tell you it did >.>)

-snip-

It is pretty smooth. I'm loving that they fixed colour banding. The colours on my phone are so much deeper now.. It looks awesome >.<

Mine takes about a quarter second to load, but yeah it's annoying :\

I wonder why they made that change D:

Damn you all! :p

I gotta wait to get my phone fixed. Oh well. I might get the new HTC titan as a xmas gift though, would love the bigger screen. Then I'll probably give my LG to my mom or something, she's got this crappy Nokia C6 and some old SE dumb phone.

hey.. just for ppl who cant get the FB chat to work.

You will need to join or link that account with your @live account. And then sync your account from the settings in your phone. After that make sure on your PC your FB chat is online. Now change your chat status on your phone to anything but appear offline and you will be online on FB.

I noticed that appear offline will turn of FB chat.

And i had to manually add FB birthday calender to my live calender so it show them as notifications now.

Also loving how smooth the phone is now even though i updated from 7712. My only grip is that why arent they updating the twitter and facebook clients to support quick resume?? its really needed. I cant read offline msgs i get on FB from the buildin chat menu. I have to use the facebook app and that app just sucks.

My favorite app is Pulse. Its mango (supports quick resume and all that). Its fast with data. It works!.

not i dont need to open multiple sites every hour :p

exactly. That client hardly has half the options you will see on competitive platforms.

If MS can push the updates sooner it will be very useful for lot of people. They can bundle these apps as must have or something that extends their experience.

And i also wish that its possible to make 3rd party apps as fast as native ones. I believe MS use special threads and stuff to offload data evenly allowing for smoother scrolling and such. 3rd party apps lack this.