Rumour: Nokia Ace with 4.3 inch screen leaked

The MyNokiaBlog have been sent some specs of a new Nokia Windows Phone 7 handset which they also expect to be announced at Nokia World.

4.3" AMOLED

1800mAh battery

Carl Zess camera, 8MP Auto Focus

Mango+ <--- dunno what they mean by +, guess we'll have to wait and see.

HSPA+

1.4Ghz CPU

16GB Storage

http://mynokiablog.com/2011/10/01/rumours-nokia-windows-phone-nokia-ace-to-have-4-3-amoled-1800mah-and-lte-4g-att-q1-2012-searaysabre-specifications-inside/

I really wish Nokia would come out with a 32GB WP device, still hope for one.

I have a 3.8" screen now and it's as low as I'd personally go. I'm tempted in getting a newer phone with a bigger screen now, at least 4" this time.

Hmm. Could Mango+ mean a device with a higher screen resolution than the WP7 default of 480x800?

This and other Nokia phones may just be what WP7 needs to really compete with Android and iOS.

AMOLED display is an LED display?

Read here for your answer. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Active-matrix_OLED

Overall, if this is indeed what Nokia has up its sleeves then Windows Phone 7.5 is about to get a really nice boost in the market.

I am using my Nokia N8 for a year and although the camera was my primary reason, other parts have not disappointed me. The hardware is sleek and software is just getting better with Symbian Belle. People say there are no apps for Nokia. They are wrong, there are many apps for Nokia at Ovi Store. Even I design some. There is no scarcity.

For die hard Nokia fans, their hardware matters more then competitors hardware. Till date no OEM has made a better camera phone then Nokia N8 for Windows Phone so I trust Nokia only for doing this and from what it seems, they will do it.

Even if the camera is 8 mega pixel but with the same lens and camera unit of N8, it will still be way ahead of the other gray rectangle boxes called Windows Phone.

Hmm. Could Mango+ mean a device with a higher screen resolution than the WP7 default of 480x800?

This and other Nokia phones may just be what WP7 needs to really compete with Android and iOS.

When I hear Mango+ i just think a newer version of the OS in general. If Mango is 7720 then maybe the version Nokia will ship with will be something like 7750 for example with some Nokia specific native tweaks/apps etc.

When I hear Mango+ i just think a newer version of the OS in general. If Mango is 7720 then maybe the version Nokia will ship with will be something like 7750 for example with some Nokia specific native tweaks/apps etc.

Surely it just means Mango plus the additional software that Nokia's working on (maps, etc.). Maybe that means a new version of the OS but it doesn't have to.

Either way, I can't wait to see what Nokia have up their sleeves and I also wish Samsung would announce their plans for Europe. I love my Omnia 7 but I also think Nokia hardware is amongst the best and I'm in the mood for a new phone.

Surely it just means Mango plus the additional software that Nokia's working on (maps, etc.). Maybe that means a new version of the OS but it doesn't have to.

Either way, I can't wait to see what Nokia have up their sleeves and I also wish Samsung would announce their plans for Europe. I love my Omnia 7 but I also think Nokia hardware is amongst the best and I'm in the mood for a new phone.

Sure, but any Nokia apps will be deeper and more natively integrated than what other OEMs have done to date I expect.

Sure, but any Nokia apps will be deeper and more natively integrated than what other OEMs have done to date I expect.

Yes, you may be right. Whatever the case though, Nokia World can't come soon enough :laugh:

I doubt it will have higher resolution then regular Mango devices. This can cause incompatibility with app development.

next year.. meh it need to come out now. Nexus Prime vs Nokia Ace vs iPhone5 would have been the battle to watch

It's all just a rumour and the next year bit only refers to AT&T. Nokia have repeatedly said that they'll have phones out this year so with any luck it will be available to the rest of the world in November/December.

I'm eagerly waiting to see what Nokia has to offer. The Ace sounds great, so far. I am hoping they don't dissappoint with it. I'm currently waiting for them to showcase what they're bringing out, but I really like the Samsung Focus S, too.

ive decided to put my htc away and get a focus while I wait for nokia's new phones next year. that pic looks sexy. also whats up with a galaxy version on wp7.

Am I the only one who noticed the curvy/arched back? I understand that it is probably to make it fit better in you hand, but it makes the phone look bulkier than it probably is.

The skydrive syncing is quite interesting as I can see a lot of practical uses for it, especially when you consider Windows 8 also has Live integration baked in. MS is supposed to release a skydrive app for all platforms soon, so I'm guessing it should be in the final stages right now.

It would be good if they didn't have qualcomm processors. I suppose might be worth a look for secondary phone for me but certainly doubt these are going to carry as much weight in the industry as they're perceived they might as there's still a lack of differentiation and choice with these devices then there is with what is already available and soon to be available.

Most people who buy a phone don't look at who makes the phone or even really the cpu speed. Hell only the niche techie smartphone geek even really cares if the phone has a single or a dual core inside. The majority of the reguler phone buying group, the majority, want something that looks nice and feels good then they check storage space and screen size followed by price. Honestly, they don't look at it like a computer.

Most people who buy a phone don't look at who makes the phone or even really the cpu speed. Hell only the niche techie smartphone geek even really cares if the phone has a single or a dual core inside. The majority of the reguler phone buying group, the majority, want something that looks nice and feels good then they check storage space and screen size followed by price. Honestly, they don't look at it like a computer.

I used to think that too but I think things are changing. For instance, look at the 12 second mark of this ad for an LG phone:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npJqzif5f8s

They don't just mention the fact that the phone includes a dual-core processor, they use a fancy animation to explain the benefits. I suspect we'll see more and more of these ads as OEMs look to differentate their products.

I have a 3.8" screen now and it's as low as I'd personally go. I'm tempted in getting a newer phone with a bigger screen now, at least 4" this time.

4" VS 3.8" ?

You won’t notice a single difference.

I used to think that too but I think things are changing. For instance, look at the 12 second mark of this ad for an LG phone:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npJqzif5f8s

They don't just mention the fact that the phone includes a dual-core processor, they use a fancy animation to explain the benefits. I suspect we'll see more and more of these ads as OEMs look to differentate their products.

Yeah, but if the UI is responsive and most of the apps run smoothly it's not really important if a CPU is dual or single core.