Rumour: Nokia Ace with 4.3 inch screen leaked

HawkMan

I used to think that too but I think things are changing. For instance, look at the 12 second mark of this ad for an LG phone:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npJqzif5f8s

They don't just mention the fact that the phone includes a dual-core processor, they use a fancy animation to explain the benefits. I suspect we'll see more and more of these ads as OEMs look to differentate their products.

And yet, it's slower than a single core WP7 phone. Advertising working it's wonders onyou :)

jakem1

Yeah, but if the UI is responsive and most of the apps run smoothly it's not really important if a CPU is dual or single core.

Sure, I'm not arguing that the phone is any good. I'm just pointing out that companies are pushing processors and specs in their ads and ultimately customers will take note of that and start to look for similar specs in other phones.

And yet, it's slower than a single core WP7 phone. Advertising working it's wonders onyou :)

:laugh: I don't usually watch ads and advertising doesn't work on me but I was surprised to see a representation of a dual-core processor in a TV ad.

George P

4" VS 3.8" ?

You won’t notice a single difference.

I'm hoping for a 4.3" actually, just saying 4" is as low as I'll go from now on. Hell if I can't find a good 4.3" Nokia or something I might just snag the 4.7" Titan.

Digitalx

Once again, no Retina Display.

Well of course not it's not an iphone with a tiny screen.

Most people who buy a phone don't look at who makes the phone or even really the cpu speed. Hell only the niche techie smartphone geek even really cares if the phone has a single or a dual core inside. The majority of the reguler phone buying group, the majority, want something that looks nice and feels good then they check storage space and screen size followed by price. Honestly, they don't look at it like a computer.

I know general consumers don't but I do. And reasons being is I don't understand why people or industry embrace qualcomm's processors which have just become the new pentium 4.. can clock it high but it becomes more and more inefficient power chugging and average performing even smaller companies processors like nvidias tegra and TI's OMAP processors are better and widely available yet they just don't use them for whatever reason it is.