How do you rate the upgraded forum?

90 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate the new forum version?

• 1 - complete trash
    • 10 - excellent
  2. 2. Which colour theme do you like best?

• Pegasus
    • Midnight
    • Green
    • Pro
    • Darkside

Now that the dust has settled, most kinks have been ironed out and the colour themes have been added it's time to ask: How do you rate the new forum?

6/10. It passes. - I’m now using Midnight.

I definitely preferred the old forum theme, I’d give it an easy 9.9/10. It was the best IB theme on the entire web.

The problems on the new one, as I have mentioned numerous times before :

- The site works in fixed width, and the forums in %, which results in a LOT of whitespace. It’s really hard for the eyes, even with the midnight theme. Maybe things should be uniformed.

- Everything’s square-shaped. There’s like no real personality to this theme in general, it’s completely bland.

- No Legacy theme, which would most likely fix my concerns.

- I don’t know why, but I always go over the report button first to quote someone. Then I realize that the Quote button is on the right.

To add a little more positiveness maybe, I love the new WYSIWYG editor. It’s finally working I guess.

Love the upgrade, other than the occasional speed issue (which i know are out of dev control) I have no complaints about it :D

In terms of appearance, I'd say it's the best version yet. In terms of functionality, it's a slight step back in some areas but that's IPS' fault for removing some features. With that said, I give it a 9/10.

My favourite theme is Pegasus. I simply love the shade of blue over the colours of Midnight, Darkside, etc. The other themes are great as well, especially Pro.

Surprised to see Pegasus have more fans than Darkside thus far.

The upgraded forum gets an 8/10 from me. There are a few niggles to get used to, but for the most part it's good. As to colour themes - I like Pegasus and Midnight the most.

Upgraded forum gets a 10 because it's brilliant. There really isn't much else to say.

Design wise my favourite is the default Pegasus.

Very good.

Not really a fan of the WYSIWYG editor as I manually type tags anyway.

Intermittent fault with the URL tag, but I can live with that.

Currently using default "Pro" theme. Neowin in black wouldn't be Neowin.

I rated the new forum version a 10. This is the best it's EVER ran as far as I can remember and that's the ONLY thing I care about.

As far as theme, I don't have a clue to which one I'm using as I've NEVER once changed it from what ever the heck loads. I think changing themes is pretty much a waste of time/resources or what ever else might be involved. Who looks at the pretty edges or anything else? I'm looking directly at the content and could care less about any colors, borders, etc. Don't mess with themes on my computers or anything or anywhere else either!

Now the midnight theme and the WYSIWYG editor are back the site is much better, but I still think some parts of IPB 3.2 are just dumb.

I prefer it to 3.1. Atlas had a great forum theme, but Pegasus feels much more modern. I don't think I'd want to go back to 3.1 on Neowin, because the new WYSIWYG editor is enough to keep me using the forums more than I did in the past. The way it handles MultiQuotes is easier now because you can just click the one button after marking the posts you'd like to quote. That's great for usability. My two favorite styles are Pegasus and Midnight, but I changed to Midnight as soon as it went live and I haven't changed back since. It's by far my favorite theme on Neowin, and I'd put it above the themes for the Atlas version of the site as well. I gave 10/10, but as I don't use the administrator options I wouldn't know about the issues it might have for the staff. From my end though, 3.2 is an epic success.

I'm happy with the forums now that everything is finished and think that most of the improvements make up for the features and layout that was lost.

What I think needs to change is the update process. Perhaps in the future the developers could go-live once they have everything ready rather than releasing it bugs and all and then applying fixes on the live site over the course of the next couple of weeks. There's no point announcing an upgrade day when it's actually an upgrade fortnight. The testing process clearly isn't working if the actual release is so flawed.

8, darkside, and the multiquote thing works nice and the speed of the forum is faster. Nice.

I agree about the multi-quote it's much better. However many things are not, for example it now takes two clicks instead of one to jump to unread posts.

I agree about the multi-quote it's much better. However many things are not, for example it now takes two clicks instead of one to jump to unread posts.

t

hat's why I gave it an 8, if those were fixed it would be a 10. ;-)