How do you rate the upgraded forum?

90 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate the new forum version?

• 1 - complete trash
    • 10 - excellent
  2. 2. Which colour theme do you like best?

• Pegasus
    • Midnight
    • Green
    • Pro
    • Darkside

Eleven votes of four or under - really? Are people that afraid of change? Even if somebody dislikes the 3.2 changes, should they really rate it that low? I can just imagine...some 6'0", 100lbs. acne ridden teenager pounding on their keyboard and screaming with rage at the changes. Relax, people.

I find the changes refreshing. I love the "blockiness" as a minimalist. I love the new editor too. It is cute. Like a Furby...I want to pet it and feed it nom nomz.

Using midnight here as it was my default before it became default :D

As for the upgrade, i think it's better than the old one. I love ajax replies, RTE that works, and the pop-up that lets you know someone replied to the thread you are currently typing in.

Still need a few fixes but i like it a lot.

I like the new version on the desktop but the mobile version feels far more limited than the old version. We don't have the tabs to switch from the forums to the front page and the minispy seems to be gone.

I'm not a fan of the new WYSIWYG editor as I preferred to type my tags (although I'm probably in a small minority there). IPB has, in their wisdom, decided that we must all default to the WYSIWYG editor which really, really annoys me. I'm also not a fan of 15 posts per page and I miss Linear+ to keep up with the original topic of the thread. All of these gripes are IPB-based though and I am otherwise happy with what Neowin has done.

The biggest improvement on IPB 3.2 is the "View New Content" listings where it is easy to follow topics that I have already participated in. This was strangely broken in IPB 3.0/3.1.

I think its great but the chunky bold arial black looking New Posts font looks bad, along with the multi-coloured usernames it looks messy

Rest of the theme is great, shame the font doesnt match it - there should be a much sleeker professional font used imo

My main complaint is that it really lags on my iPad. As I scroll, it constantly lags and then for no reason the page will refresh and shoot me back to the top. Did not do that before. Overall sluggish. I do view as desktop OS using ultimate browser which is how I viewed the old ones.