Galaxy Nexus video shows Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0)?

Galaxy Nexus video shows Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0)?

Nexus-Prime-front.jpg

The Galaxy Nexus / Nexus Prime smartphone that we’ve been seeing leak all over the internet is back, this time with a 90-second video tour of what purports to be Android 4.0. We know very well that Samsung intends to give us a “Google episode” of its Unpacked show at CTIA on October 11th, likely to introduce the next flagship Googlephone, and what we’re seeing here could very well be that very device running that very OS. Jump past the break to see what’s new.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3GZxskGWjc

Source: This is my next

Thought so too, but then it could be a prototype phone or a debugging build and he's operating it with one hand so who knows.

It kind of looks incomplete though...

Thought so too, but then it could be a prototype phone or a debugging build and he's operating it with one hand so who knows.

It kind of looks incomplete though...

What do you mean? It looks done to me.

Also it didn't seem laggy to me. Just seemed like the guy had trouble hitting the buttons right. :p

Yep, a bit laggy from what I could tell. Poor show Google!

But I think it'll be far better with virtually no lag when it is finished.

A bit laggy? Where? I've watched the video twice now and cannot see where it was laggy. The only time the device looked like it was unresponsive was when he was trying to press the buttons at the bottom and not hitting them properly because he's holding the phone while holding a camera at the same time.

A bit laggy? Where? I've watched the video twice now and cannot see where it was laggy. The only time the device looked like it was unresponsive was when he was trying to press the buttons at the bottom and not hitting them properly because he's holding the phone while holding a camera at the same time.

Well, to me it was either laggy or he wasn't pressing the buttons properly. I just thought that the former was more obvious due to the screen not changing even after two or three touches.

Well, to me it was either laggy or he wasn't pressing the buttons properly. I just thought that the former was more obvious due to the screen not changing even after two or three touches.

If you watch the video, when you press the buttons they glow blue, this is how I noticed he wasn't pressing them properly. This is a common problem when your doing demos of phones with using just one hand as you cannot hold it properly.

some of the revamped icons look very cheap. gingerbread's are too green but they are more polished

Icons can be changed if needed be. :) Actually, this is the biggest advantage Android has over the other phone OS's. The UI can be changed quite easily to suit someone elses personal needs. :)