This is on iOS app store, is it worth to buy?

The iOS game is a completely different thing than the real Mass Effect 3. So I would look up reviews specific to the iOS app instead of ME3.

I finally completed the game last Saturday. When I watched the ending, I didn't really see what all the outrage was about. My only complaint about it was that it was a bit vague, that's all. I'm not angry, and I don't want to blow up BioWare's headquarters. The vagueness is getting fixed anyway with the free DLC extending the endings.

What I was angry about in Mass Effect 3 though was all the bugs and glitches I came across in my playthrough; not the mention the half-dozen-or-so times that the game froze! :angry: I'm pretty sure someone at Lionhead sneaked into BioWare and sabotaged the game. I ran into a couple of potentially game-breaking bugs (like I experienced when I played Fable II), but thankfully, you can restart missions, so on the two occassions I did encounter them, it only added about 15-20 minutes of extra gameplay.

And in the end, I racked up nearly 50 hours of gameplay on Insanity difficulty. Pretty nice, as I got 25 hours each out of the previous two games (didn't play on Insanity difficulty though). :)

I've already tapped into the multiplayer part of the game; got one of my characters up to level 8 after just two games. :p

• Like 1

I finally completed the game last Saturday. When I watched the ending, I didn't really see what all the outrage was about. My only complaint about it was that it was a bit vague, that's all. I'm not angry, and I don't want to blow up BioWare's headquarters. The vagueness is getting fixed anyway with the free DLC extending the endings.

The ME3 ending rage is more just people jumping on the bandwagon. People didn't like the ending, saw the rage on the internet and thought "Hell, I want a piece of that action!" and jumped on. I'm of the same opinion as you, it's not a great ending, but it's not Matrix Revolutions bad.

What I was angry about in Mass Effect 3 though was all the bugs and glitches I came across in my playthrough; not the mention the half-dozen-or-so times that the game froze! :angry: I'm pretty sure someone at Lionhead sneaked into BioWare and sabotaged the game. I ran into a couple of potentially game-breaking bugs (like I experienced when I played Fable II), but thankfully, you can restart missions, so on the two occassions I did encounter them, it only added about 15-20 minutes of extra gameplay.

I suffered some weird bugs too, although it does seem generally stable for most people. The only one that stuck out for me was

when you're on the shuttle with Tali and Legion going down to Rannoch, and you're talking with Legion. You're having a normal paragon conversation with him, and then all of a sudden the game glitches and Shepherd's telling him off for saying something, and he's apologising, but I don't know what he said :s

. I tried that part about 4 times, and got the same result every time.

when you're on the shuttle with Tali and Legion going down to Rannoch, and you're talking with Legion. You're having a normal paragon conversation with him, and then all of a sudden the game glitches and Shepherd's telling him off for saying something, and he's apologising, but I don't know what he said :s

Didn't happened to me :p

agree with majestic and felt the same. the ending was OK, nothing too great nor too grand, but noticed no reason to complain. it's how the writers decided to end it, and as we all know ending a story is a lot harder than starting it, it's just the way the human brain is wired. i kinda liked the very last part, it was nice. overall i'd give the whole ending an OK rating, of course it could have been more detailed and more consequence-laden, plus maybe more immediately logical. but it's certainly not pitchfork-worthy.

Didn't happened to me :p

AFAIK the bug was unique to me. It's weird that the game was particularly buggy for some, but for everyone else it was pretty much bug-free.

As for multiplayer packs, yeah I know some folks who have bought a couple. If you are in to that kind of thing, it adds up quick. I've read on the official forums from people who have spent several hundred dollars on packs. When they released the "free" DLC, they knew there would be folks willing to spend money to get the rare unlocks. For what it is, they've monetized it extremely well.

And for the ending, I'm going to walk a fine line with this one, because *personally* it didn't upset me. I didn't think it was good. In fact, I think from a technical and literary standpoint, it was extremely flawed. I just didn't feel the anger that many did. I do, however, feel they are justified. Here's a brief write-up I did on the subject:

Please take a minute to try and understand exactly why so many people are upset. It's not that the ending is bad. That's subjective, and may be true, but that's not what has mobilized so many people. To quote someone else:

?The ending is BROKEN.?

After 100 hours of stellar gameplay across the Mass Effect series, the ending of the game is 5 minutes of dialogue with a previously unseen/unmentioned character who's left-field explanations for what's going on is accepted hook, line and sinker by Shepard without question; contrary to Shepard's core personality. It's not even that it is simply incomplete... it actually creates problems and inconsistencies with the rest of the series. It's illogical and nonsensical in many ways.

People aren't upset over whether it's a happy or sad ending. Both can be done well. The ending can be bittersweet. It can be joyous. It can be disastrous. But it needs to be done well, and it most certainly is not.

It seems pretty clear that this game was forced to ship by EA to meet financial deadlines. That's why it's a slap in the face to claim the ending was ?artistic vision?. The fans will not react well when faced with such double-talk. Their claims of ?'vastly different endings? in large part came down to the same short cinematic in different colors, then a glimpse of a different crewmate. It screams ?rushed!? in the loudest possible way.

Personally, I'm not angry over the ending. Disappointed, sure. I feel more a loss for what could have ? and should have ? been: the most epic science fiction story in a long time. It truly is a shame to have the game shine in so many brilliant ways only to fail so hard at the end.

The fans are justified in how they are acting.

And for the ending, I'm going to walk a fine line with this one, because *personally* it didn't upset me. I didn't think it was good. In fact, I think from a technical and literary standpoint, it was extremely flawed. I just didn't feel the anger that many did. I do, however, feel they are justified. Here's a brief write-up I did on the subject:

You know what? That's a pretty damn good writeup on the ending. (Y) 100 hours of gameplay across all three games, and the entire story is "wrapped up" in just five minutes with a completely new character thrown in, and no real closure. Compare that with the ending of Metal Gear Solid 4, which lasted an hour and a half, thoroughly explained everything, and delivered closure on pretty much everything in the game.

As for multiplayer packs, yeah I know some folks who have bought a couple. If you are in to that kind of thing, it adds up quick. I've read on the official forums from people who have spent several hundred dollars on packs. When they released the "free" DLC, they knew there would be folks willing to spend money to get the rare unlocks. For what it is, they've monetized it extremely well.

I couldn't agree more. I don't understand how anyone can view this ending as anything more than a major disappointment.

Mass Effect 3's Operation Exorcist Begins this Friday

Earn some sweet rewards in Mass Effect 3's multiplayer component this weekend.

BioWare has revealed their next multiplayer weekend promotion for Mass Effect 3. Operation Exorcist will run from this Friday 4/27 at 6pm PST through Monday 4/30 at 5am PST for Xbox 360 and PC players.

Instead of giving out XP boosts this time you'll have the following challenges to achieve:

• Allied Goal: Kill 1,000,000 Cerberus Phantoms to complete the Allied Goal, which will earn all players a Victory Pack.
  • Squad Goal: Stay alive until extraction on any map and any enemy on Gold difficulty to earn Commendation Packs to all squad mates.

Are you playing through Mass Effect 3's multiplayer mode?

Has anybody else noticed the random crew-member walking around that you can click on? I'm playing on PS3, and when I look at him, there's no name that shows up, and when I hit X all he does is salute me, there's no dialogue at all. Kind of odd.

Spoilers

Also, I am missing one model ship, and I'm practically at the end of the game. It's Sovereign, I think. In the display case on the left as you are standing behind your computer terminal, it's the furthest to the right. I looked up where it should be, and supposedly it's behind the workbench down in engineering, but I've been all over down there and all I found was my space hamster.

There are 3 model ships in the shuttle bay IIRC, two behind you on the boxes as you're talking to Cortez while he's working on the Kodiak,

and another towards the far left as you exit the elevator, on a box (where you somtimes bug out and end up floating in the air)

• 1 month later...

Somewhat tempted to download a save game file and play through ME3 on PC when the extended DLC hits. I'm about 70% of the way done on ME2 for PS3 but don't really feel like finishing it.

Not long now! I'm actually looking forward to it now :) Just found out some tidbits about it,

the additional content starts from when you assault the Illusive Man's base and is affected by your decisions made in ME3/2/1. Meaning, you can't play through once and see it all.

Should be good, I hope! *fingers crossed*

Oh and here is the source for my claims:

• Like 1

Excited to see what they come up with here, however if they bow to indoctrination because of it being a populist view I think i'll uninstall the games and just refuse to play them again

My breath is bated.

How do you know that that indoctrination theory isn't correct?

I never said that I *knew* it wasn't correct, I said I damn well hoped it isn't. And frankly if anyone thinks that "Oh sorry, you failed now suck it" is a better way to end the series than what we currently have they're rather foolish IMO

I don't even know how much of the SP I have left. I didn't expect to care about multiplayer at all but it's all I've been doing. It's so nice to not have all these stupid 'fetch' quests to worry about

Should've changed the game mode at the beginning I guess. I don't remember being half as annoyed at Mass Effect 2s collection/exploration minigame.

and yeah, I've probably spent anywhere between 20 and 40 on kit in multi. I'll probably get a few more shortly.