i have lost so much respect for bioware for caving....

Far, far more more people have lost respect for them for actually putting out that piece of **** ending..

it's a integrity thing bro. if that's how they felt it should have ended, you keep it that way. sopranos had the biggest cliff hanger ending ever and you don't see david chase rewriting it because everyone bitched.

Judging from your post you clearly do not understand WHY people are upset about the Mass Effect 3 ending. It is not because there was no happy ending or because it ended on a cliff hanger like the Sopranos. The fans are upset because the ending makes absolutely no sense and contradicts almost everything that has been established in the two first games and the 90% of the third one. Add to the fact that EVERYTHING you have done so far through the series really has absolutely no effect on the ending at all.

The Mass Effect 3 ending is basically a God Child, who was not mentioned before the last 10 minutes, telling you that he controls the Reapers, who are responsible for the death of billions of human lifes, and that he is giving you 3 choice and in all of them the lead characters dies and all means of Inter-galactic travel aka the mass relays will be destroyed.

The reason behind his motivation for wiping out all organics? Get this: They claim that organics and synthetics can not co-exist and that the created always rise up against the creators and wipe them-out..... for that reason he created his own synthetics to wipe out the organics before they can create synthetics which will maybe/eventually wipe them out..... So he is saving them from being wiped out by synthetics......by having his own synthetics wipe them out first... WTF!!!???

me3yodawgjungpiece.jpg

If Bioware's ending was applied to Lord of the Rings:

with-me3-were-lotro.jpg

First one is an exaggeration, they created Synthetics to kill off advanced races only. Thus preventing the possibility of self aware synthetic life destroying ALL organic life. It isn't that strange of an idea. Its no different than when firefighters do controlled burns on the plants here in Southern California. Burn down parts of the brush so that if and when a fire does break out its harder for it to spread and devastate more land. The Reapers are essentially a controlled burn on intelligent life.

First one is an exaggeration, they created Synthetics to kill off advanced races only. Thus preventing the possibility of self aware synthetic life destroying ALL organic life. It isn't that strange of an idea. Its no different than when firefighters do controlled burns on the plants here in Southern California. Burn down parts of the brush so that if and when a fire does break out its harder for it to spread and devastate more land. The Reapers are essentially a controlled burn on intelligent life.

It is when you think about. Remember that the council made it illegal all across the galaxy to develop self-aware AI after what happened with the Quarians the Geth. So the organics were aware of the threat from the synthetics and took measures. With that being said; the Reapers are the most advanced beings in the Universe and not even the combined galactic armada could stop them. They easily took control of the second most advanced self-aware synthetics; the geth so they could have easily wiped them and any other synthetics that might threaten organics with extinction, if it ever reached that point...

Also the fact that this came right after Shepard had brokered a permanent peace between the Geth and Quarians contradicts the above.

Let's just face the "facts"; they pulled the ending out of their ass. Most likely Casey was having a dump 8 weeks before the game went gold and scribbled the ending on a toilet paper.

Let's just face the "facts"; they pulled the ending out of their ass. Most likely Casey was having a dump 8 weeks before the game went gold and scribbled the ending on a toilet paper.

That might well have been the case because clearly the ending was written by someone who has no business writing.

Whew! Busy day of news! We have a new patch coming next week that will fix a few issues with the game. See below.

Patch Notes:

April 9th ? PC

April 10th ? Xbox and PS3

• Fixed issues when in some cases Shepard?s customized facial features from ME1/ME2 may not be properly imported to ME3
  • Fixed an issue when quickly and repeatedly selecting to Resume a Save could result in Player Level reset and a potential locking of powers.
  • Fixed an issue when selecting Multiplayer in the Main Menu while under a poor network connection could result in an unresponsive state.
  • Fixed a potential crash while accessing an in-game terminal from Eden Prime level.
  • Fixed an issue when attempting to login while Server is down. It would display a Server Down message and accepting the Server Shutdown message would shut down the game.
  • Fixed a potential memory crash while loading a Quick Save of a custom FemShep.
  • Fixed an issue when restarting missions and acquiring an above max amount of weapon mods results in displayed debug text on-screen.
  • Fixed an issue when an unresponsive game state could occur during transition after the Conduit level.
  • Fixed an issue when DLC game saves can be accessed from an account without DLC if another account on the same computer has access to the related DLC. (PC Only)
  • Fixed an issue when saves from different accounts on the same computer may become locked if one account has access to DLC which the other account does not. (PC Only)
  • Fixed an issue when potentially the game could enter unresponsive state when transitioning from the Holding Docks area to the Normandy Docks area of the Citadel. (PS3 Only)

Also the fact that this came right after Shepard had brokered a permanent peace between the Geth and Quarians contradicts the above.

Not everyone has that happen in their game. For me the Quarians are the only ones to survive that conflict. In fact, most of the three games are telling you synthetics are bad which is the whole reason the Reapers were created in the first place.

Which makes the ending even worse. Instead of your choice (to broker peace) having any effect on the ending, you're essentially getting slapped in the face with a generic assumption.

Which makes the ending even worse. Instead of your choice (to broker peace) having any effect on the ending, you're essentially getting slapped in the face with a generic assumption.

What? The reason for the Catalyst was to prevent this from happening. So far this has been effective. The difference with this particular cycle is the Human element, which is the whole point of almost any sci-fi universe (Humanity has something other races lack, its practically a standard trope). Thus the human element allows you to break the chain that the Reapers were built to prevent, bringing you to peace with the Quarians and Geth and giving giving you the ability to choose how you end the Reaper's purpose because it is no longer necessary. This is why in the ending the Destroy option is a Renegade option, because it destroys the Geth as well.

I didnt get one thing , what exactly are you destroying by doing that ? all AIs or all technology in general ?

All synthetic life. Geth, Reapers, EDI and possibly even yourself.

Not everyone has that happen in their game. For me the Quarians are the only ones to survive that conflict. In fact, most of the three games are telling you synthetics are bad which is the whole reason the Reapers were created in the first place.

I got nothing like that out of the games. Quite the opposite actually, Quarians are definitely the bad guys and Geth more or less the victims even though they ended up on the top in the original war. Geth even allowed Quarians to escape/survive on purpose when they could have easily wiped them out.

Other than the few rogue AIs in ME1 the synthetics vs. organics was never part of the games until the ending.. which is one of the reasons it's so bad.

I got nothing like that out of the games. Quite the opposite actually, Quarians are definitely the bad guys and Geth more or less the victims even though they ended up on the top in the original war. Geth even allowed Quarians to escape/survive on purpose when they could have easily wiped them out.

Other than the few rogue AIs in ME1 the synthetics vs. organics was never part of the games until the ending.. which is one of the reasons it's so bad.

Um, the entire first game was Synthetics(Geth/Reapers) vs. Organics. And even then a significant portion of the Geth population worshipped the Reapers (which made them enemies). Yes, most of the game was meant to pit you against Synthetics. Even many of the Paragon options are skeptical of synthetic life (such as when EDI gets her new body).

Um, the entire first game was Synthetics(Geth/Reapers) vs. Organics. And even then a significant portion of the Geth population worshipped the Reapers (which made them enemies). Yes, most of the game was meant to pit you against Synthetics. Even many of the Paragon options are skeptical of synthetic life (such as when EDI gets her new body).

Bad example with EDI's body. People were skeptical then because it was a Cerberus created robot. A better example would have just been EDI itself. Everyone was skeptical.

Bad example with EDI's body. People were skeptical then because it was a Cerberus created robot. A better example would have just been EDI itself. Everyone was skeptical.

Even if she isn't physical, she is still a synthetic life form (she is self aware).

So I just finished ME3, not bad to get some choice in how you want to end things (between the 3 different ones) however I understand how lots of fans hated it as well.

And also, wtf is up with making me have to play multiplayer in order to get my readiness up high enough so I can get the best ending? Unless I'm understanding this wrong.

I was able to save Anderson but I didn't get the little bonus scene that hints at Shepard living, somehow, at the end, my readiness score was, uhh, 3775 or something close to 3800 without doing any multiplayer stuff, that's not why I play ME.

So basically unless you can get the perfect ending you get the short stick after all you've done.

What? The reason for the Catalyst was to prevent this from happening. So far this has been effective. The difference with this particular cycle is the Human element, which is the whole point of almost any sci-fi universe (Humanity has something other races lack, its practically a standard trope). Thus the human element allows you to break the chain that the Reapers were built to prevent, bringing you to peace with the Quarians and Geth and giving giving you the ability to choose how you end the Reaper's purpose because it is no longer necessary. This is why in the ending the Destroy option is a Renegade option, because it destroys the Geth as well.

I'm probably totally wrong here, however, I question that assumption. Humanity only had a chance because of what others did before. The Crucible was the efforts of possibly billions of years of research and countless cycles of races trying to figure it out and add to it (in fact I wouldn't be surprised if the Catalyst deliberately left the original plans for the Crucible behind and waited for the first race to figure it out and come to it, thereby proving they are ready to control their own fate [just wild baseless theory]). Not to mention if it wasn't for the Prothean's meddling with the keepers in the Citadel in the first place, Humanity (and all the races of the current cycle) would already be wiped out. So if anything, the wild card was the Protheans (and by extension, the dominant species of each previous cycle) that allowed the Reapers to be stopped in this one.

So had the Protheans not meddled and had they not left the plans for the Crucible behind for Humanity to discover, this cycle would of ended just like every other before it. Feel free to totally disagree with me as I'm not saying my view is the right one, just how I understand it.

• Like 2

I'm probably totally wrong here, however, I question that assumption. Humanity only had a chance because of what others did before. The Crucible was the efforts of possibly billions of years of research and countless cycles of races trying to figure it out and add to it (in fact I wouldn't be surprised if the Catalyst deliberately left the original plans for the Crucible behind and waited for the first race to figure it out and come to it, thereby proving they are ready to control their own fate [just wild baseless theory]). Not to mention if it wasn't for the Prothean's meddling with the keepers in the Citadel in the first place, Humanity (and all the races of the current cycle) would already be wiped out. So if anything, the wild card was the Protheans (and by extension, the dominant species of each previous cycle) that allowed the Reapers to be stopped in this one.

So had the Protheans not meddled and had they not left the plans for the Crucible behind for Humanity to discover, this cycle would of ended just like every other before it. Feel free to totally disagree with me as I'm not saying my view is the right one, just how I understand it.

An interesting interpretation, But the thing is that despite all that (and the fact that similar things happened for the Protheans as well) the reason Shepard was able to overcome all odds was because he was human. It was the reoccuring theme through the entire series. Being the first acknowledged Human Specter, humanity defeating the first and second reaper invasion. Humanity taking the initiative in the second and third games, etc.

This entire story was not just about defeating the Reapers, but humanity becoming the center of the universe. Going from newbies to head hancho because of the human ability to carve their own destiny.

Humanity only had a chance because of what others did before. The Crucible was the efforts of possibly billions of years of research and countless cycles of races trying to figure it out and add to it (in fact I wouldn't be surprised if the Catalyst deliberately left the original plans for the Crucible behind and waited for the first race to figure it out and come to it, thereby proving they are ready to control their own fate [just wild baseless theory])

IMO, *that* was the main storyline of ME3. Countless previous cycles that sacrificed in the hopes that eventually one cycle could complete the Crucible. And to top it off, there didn't seem to be any indication that this cycle had contingency plans to safeguard information for a future cycle should they fail -- (I know Liara was working on a time capsule, but that didn't seem like the same thing).-- so it felt like all that previous work would be lost if Shepard didn't succeed. (Kind of an all-your-eggs-in-one-basket thing on a massive, galactic scale.) To me, *that* is why the build-up to the end was going to be epic, and *that* is why the ending fell flat on its face.

Your idea that the Citadel was left there on purpose could have been a good one, had that been woven into the story of ME3 along the way. I can't put my finger on it, but something in the writing felt wrong to me when they talked about the Citadel. Too much about it felt convenient and contrived in ME3, which was a real shame considering the lore and history of it was done so well in the previous games. It felt like they shoe-horned it in.

An interesting interpretation, But the thing is that despite all that (and the fact that similar things happened for the Protheans as well) the reason Shepard was able to overcome all odds was because he was human. It was the reoccuring theme through the entire series. Being the first acknowledged Human Specter, humanity defeating the first and second reaper invasion. Humanity taking the initiative in the second and third games, etc.

This entire story was not just about defeating the Reapers, but humanity becoming the center of the universe. Going from newbies to head hancho because of the human ability to carve their own destiny.

I got the impression human development (heck, all development that cycle) was majorly part of the plan and work of the Proethans. Did I miss something? While humanity ultimately needed to take on the task, it was the work of a previous cycle that brought that to fruition.