iOS 5 is now available via iTunes.

huh is their a new lion osx update? just got my macbook pro last week

yeah for iCloud support, new OSX, iOS and iTunes

What build is this ?

Same as the GM released last week ?

Because :

- My bookmarks in Safari are screwed and because of that, Safari won’t start anymore on my iPhone.

- I certainly can’t enable iCloud on my 3GS, because it makes my battery last no more than 45 minutes and it downloads/uploads like 250 MB of data.

- Facebook crashed all the time (if this happens to you guys, update to Facebook app v4, it’s freshly released and it works like heavens)

What build is this ?

Because :

- My bookmarks in Safari are screwed and because of that, Safari won’t start anymore on my iPhone.

- I certainly can’t enable iCloud on my 3GS, because it makes my battery last no more than 45 minutes and it downloads/uploads like 250 MB of data.

- Facebook crashed all the time (if this happens to you guys, update to Facebook app v4, it’s freshly released and it works like heavens)

I asked the question if the version number is 9a334 which is the GM one.

Looking at the apple download links it says 9a33f which is the GM build

What build is this ?

Because :

If those firmware files posted by Jedimark are the final, then it is the exact same build number as the GM from last week. 5.0 9A334

Funny, when I plug in to iTunes it only offers me 4.3.5 to update. I'm currently jailbroken on 4.2.1, does it want to me to update to 4.3.5 before I go to iOS5?

worst update process ever...not only did it time out once after 777mb download it restores apps so slow its been updating for 2 hours....not to mention the folders are all wrong and apps are everywhere...might've just restored fresh and update manually

yeah, I had to put my iTouch into recovery mode in order for it to be updated

granted it probably had something to do with my jailbreak but it was still annoying that i couldn't figure out the problem for a bit there

Going super slow for me for my iPhone, Currently at 150 MB downloaded with 64 minutes to go.

Did a Speedtest just to make sure, getting my normal 30 down and 5 up.

Still would like to do my iPad 2 at some point tonight too. LOL

I just downloaded IOS 5 and I have one question: how do I use iMessages? How do I add contacts and communicate with them etc

it goes by the person's apple ID i think.

I just downloaded IOS 5 and I have one question: how do I use iMessages? How do I add contacts and communicate with them etc

If you're on an iPhone, and your friend is on an iPhone, then iMessage will just be used automatically. Otherwise, you can also configure iMessage to work with your email address(es) by going to the "Messages" section in the Settings app.

Yeah, when you send a message it says "text message" if it's going to be sent as a text message, and I assume something else if it's not. While I sent a message to someone with an iPhone yesterday, I believe both parties have to be on iOS 5 for it to work.