Longhorn Compatibility Issues

I made this topic to see what program are running, and what programs ain't running under LH (4029).

1. issue: Total Commander NOT RUNNING (showing false screen)

2. issue: Dameon Tools NOT RUNNING and DONT INSTALL! I installed, LH craqshed, and i had to use system restore...

3. Issue:Mozilla Firebird RUNNING on LH.

4. issue:God-IRC (MIRC script) is RUNNING on LH.

hey how come i see my IP in your sig? oh and i got a copy of longhorn i will be partitioning my drive this weekend. I'm going to see what all the hype is about

And they were cool when 1 person had it, now it seems every lame ass has to use it as their sig. :rolleyes:

the sig is a script run on his server. his server gets your IP from the image request, makes up an image, and gives you the image. basically.

Not exactly. You can generate one your self at Danasoft like he did. You can put in a set of strings, of which one is chosen pseudo-randomly and displayed at the bottom. You can also select from a set of prefab graphics, like the monster.

The picture is generated all from information your browser sends out in the HTTP headers.

yeah, so basically, my post was correct... :rolleyes:

it gets your IP from the HTTP header, puts it in a text string, makes an image with the text string, and returns that image. the random quotes can be done easily by generating a random number and having an array of strings (quotes). there are other ways, but i just thought of this off the top of my head.

What do you expect from Longhorn? It hasn't been officially released, hence its still new. Every new OS is gonna have its problems...be patient young grasshopper and enjoy your Windows XP...if you have it.