Forum upgrade planned for this weekend

357s91.jpg

This

This weekend is going to be a boring one :p

why not schedule it for the weekend of the 11th I will be playing Skyrim and not be bothered by an outage :p

Is that bug where excessive media tags are placed around a detected YouTube URL going to be fixed?

Please let it be. I've been telling people to use the:

[wyoutube]XWCwc1_sYMY[/wyoutube]

instead as it's widescreen and just doesn't get screwed up too each time it's edited!

Please let it be. I've been telling people to use the:

[wyoutube]XWCwc1_sYMY[/wyoutube]

instead as it's widescreen and just doesn't get screwed up too each time it's edited!

That doesn't fly. Flash does get placed on the page, but there is no embedded UI with one frame of video, etc

Testing

wyoutube

media

EDIT - Wait what are missing by doing it the wyoutube way? :blink:

EDIT2 - removed extra [media]!! :angry:

If I could wish for one fix, it would be to restore the notification box that would appear when someone quoted/replied to a post you made. I got so used to that box appearing that now I'm finding it difficult to remember to select the notifications icon every now and again and see if someone has something to say about a post of mine.

EDIT: Oh, and good luck guys. I'll probably see you in IRC at some point (i.e. this evening when I get back from work).

Man, hopefully it will suck a lot less than the current setup. The reply/edit box is entirely ****ed in this release. Editing posts NEVER closes the box or refreshes, half the time quotes or edits end up with html tags all over the post to clean up. It's quickly becoming a lot of work just to post on Neowin.

If I could wish for one fix, it would be to restore the notification box that would appear when someone quoted/replied to a post you made. I got so used to that box appearing that now I'm finding it difficult to remember to select the notifications icon every now and again and see if someone has something to say about a post of mine.

EDIT: Oh, and good luck guys. I'll probably see you in IRC at some point (i.e. this evening when I get back from work).

It should light up and be in WHITE so that way you don't have to keep checking. Mine does whenever i'm quoted/liked or anything of that nature.

It should light up and be in WHITE so that way you don't have to keep checking. Mine does whenever i'm quoted/liked or anything of that nature.

I see that (or at least, I do now with your reply). I just preferred the way it was before, I didn't miss anything then. With this current setup it could take me a couple of days to remember to look over and see that someone replied.

EDIT - Wait what are missing by doing it the wyoutube way? :blink:

Ah, I didn't tweak that you gotta use the short URL form with those wyoutube braces. Still, copying the full URL is easier, so video embedding should be less messy too.