Rumor: 3DS to get power boost?

Please note this is a rumor.

B37s0.jpg

November 10th, 2011 at 12:00 pm -

With it?s glasses-less 3D and it?s beautiful graphics, the Nintendo 3DS is the most powerful console Nintendo has released. But could it be about to get even more powerful?

That?s the rumor being spun on French website Gamekyo. According to their reports (though sources aren?t cited), Nintendo are planning on opening up more CPU power for developers. The so called ?second core? of the system, according to the website, has apparently been dedicated to the Nintendo 3DS? operating system.

Now, Nintendo have apparently found a way to optimise the OS? performance, which will mean developers can tap into about 25% more power for their games. Nintendo were able to achieve a better way of rendering the 3D effect with less consumption from the processor as well.

Finally, the rumor also states that Nintendo are planning to add video game patch support via the eShop. This is pretty much a given, since Nintendo have confirmed downloadable content will be enabled for the device soon.

Truth or fiction? You be the judge.

http://aussie-gamer.com/news/rumor-nintendo-3ds-to-get-power-boost/ [via http://gamekyo.com/groupnews_article21339.html]

i dont really doubt this rumor... i feel the OS is a bit clunky right now. menus and apps are slow to load. i wish Nintendo would pump out more firmware updates to be honest.

well considering the 3D is total fail for most ppl and the device has no where near sold to expectation i cant understand why there even bothering. The 3DS has cost them a ton of money, itd be better to ditch support and stop putting resources into an essentially failed product unless there using the 3DS as a test system so that there next iteration into the portable gaming market can benefit by these performance updates

well considering the 3D is total fail for most ppl and the device has no where near sold to expectation i cant understand why there even bothering. The 3DS has cost them a ton of money, itd be better to ditch support and stop putting resources into an essentially failed product unless there using the 3DS as a test system so that there next iteration into the portable gaming market can benefit by these performance updates

We're in november, not april. It's time to wake up a bit. Sales have increased dramatically since that past time you're clearly stuck in, And they'll only continue to increase this holiday season as mario and mario kart alone are major system sellers. The combination of significantly improved sales and the number of interesting titles in the relatively near future seems to point to the exact opposite of failing.

• Like 2

That is a great idea: create and sell a product to people then tear away support and don't make any games for it. No one would buy their next hypothetical product after treating customers so poorly. They might even have legal action taken against them for doing what you're suggesting.

Sales are picking up and great games are coming out. Over the next 3-5months we will see Super Mario Land, Mario Kart, Kid Icarus, Luigi's mansion and Resident Evil. On top of that at E3 I bet we see the first true 3DS zelda and maybe a glimpse of the smash bros game.

Sales are picking up and great games are coming out. Over the next 3-5months we will see Super Mario Land, Mario Kart, Kid Icarus, Luigi's mansion and Resident Evil. On top of that at E3 I bet we see the first true 3DS zelda and maybe a glimpse of the smash bros game.

sadly all those games you named are from Nintendo and nobody else except Capcom and since RE is coming out a mind-boggling $50 for a portable game, I personally don't see it lighting up the sales charts. The problem with software support for any Nintendo system isn't that their own games aren't good, it's that their games are the "only" games for the system. It takes them forever to recharge the load too. It's only so many times you can re-release mario kart, zelda, mario, dr. mario, paper mario, mario party, etc on each system before you have to try and come up with something original.

sadly all those games you named are from Nintendo and nobody else except Capcom and since RE is coming out a mind-boggling $50 for a portable game, I personally don't see it lighting up the sales charts. The problem with software support for any Nintendo system isn't that their own games aren't good, it's that their games are the "only" games for the system. It takes them forever to recharge the load too. It's only so many times you can re-release mario kart, zelda, mario, dr. mario, paper mario, mario party, etc on each system before you have to try and come up with something original.

Ace Combat, Professor Layton, Ace Attorney, MGS. 4 3rd party games and that is just what we know about.

There's more from 3rd parties out from this month and beyond than just next years Resident Evil(which capcom priced purely by greed). It's not very hard to find that out.

Yeah just keep pumping out new versions. That will really make people want to buy!

Who said anything about hardware revisions? This would be a firmware update.

Did you even RTA?