The 2003 Neowin MLB Playoff Thread

It was a great run - Chicago played a great season, and I'm really sad that they aren't going to be in the Series.

Good show guys.

Now, if the Yankees lose I'm gonna lose it - I think I'd rather see the Braves in the WS over the Bosox (uggg)...

If it's a Yankees/Marlins World Series I probably won't watch it, and I'm sure it'll end up being another terrible ratings year.

Sox/Cubs would have been amazing to watch. But it'd still be interesting to see if the other 'cursed' team can win.

All I know is there are some people very angry at that 26 year old right now. I hope he's under police guard because I wouldn't be surprised if someone tried to kill him. It's sad that someone would kill over a game, but it happens :(

as much as i hate the yankees, at least they have a good number of true fans.. the marlins averaged 16,500 in attendance this year.. and now are in the world series.. the team might deserve it, but the "fans" in miami sure as hell dont. if you watch the games in miami all the fans have signs saying "we believe".. if they believed, they would have been there in july :hmmm:

if it's the yankees vs the marlins in the world series, the ratings will most likely be pretty low. especially compared to what they are right now. even with the sox/marlins, the ratings would still not be as high as if the cubs were in it.

excuses excuses.. the team has been there for 11 years now, the true fans are the 16000 at the games in july

the fan base has got a shot to increase now as a result of this, but some people will surely be hesitant after the firesale following the 1997 world series

im not making excuses, and im not a fan, i dont even like baseball, but in tv you never see like help your team or whatever and the stadium sucks, they are planning to make a new one, i hope they do it since they won this game :)

yeah the stadium definitely sucks.. and i hear its rather hard to get to as well, but in a city the size of miami, there are more baseball fans that arent showing up.. i hope they do get the downtown stadium built, and i hope they get a solid fan base built up around this team, the new stadium is crucial to that

one state is crying and the other dont even care. i know a lot of people who wont be at work tomorrow.

I wasnt at work today because of this .. now I dont want to go in tommorrow because I'm just going to get ****ed... Nobody here in arizona understands a damn thing about tradition and why this meant so much to Chicago fans...

Damn... I was really hoping that damn goat would let it go... :(

Well... Marlins fans.. the 10 of ya... Have a great Series.. I know I wont be watching it... unless the yanks get in.. then I just want them to loose... Marlins were good... LUCKY! at times.. but good...

fcuk... Im not a happy camper... good night.... :no:

cubs and sox in the world series. sox in 6 games. i hope *fingers crossed*. we'll see tomorrow night... ;)

hate to burst your bubble but the cubs just got eliminated bud

I wasnt at work today because of this .. now I dont want to go in tommorrow because I'm just going to get ****ed... Nobody here in arizona understands a damn thing about tradition and why this meant so much to Chicago fans...

Damn... I was really hoping that damn goat would let it go... :(

Well... Marlins fans.. the 10 of ya... Have a great Series.. I know I wont be watching it... unless the yanks get in.. then I just want them to loose... Marlins were good... LUCKY! at times.. but good...

fcuk... Im not a happy camper... good night.... :no:

Most of the people in AZ had bandwaggoned to the Cubs... glad to see they got eliminated, sick and tired of hearing about them.

I r New Yorker 4 life $

Two eventful championship series, one can only hope for more of the same in the WS. Hopefully Boston will take down the Yanks since the Twins couldn't get the job done. If not, the Marlins will get it done.