Nokia Lumia 800 named What Mobile phone of the year

Zgjh8.jpg

Nokia?s Lumia 800 Windows Phone has been named as the What Mobile phone of the year.

The praise for Nokia?s first Windows Phone continued this week, following the release of the Lumia 800 on Wednesday. Nokia picked up the What Mobile award for phone of the year on Thursday at an awards ceremony in London. Thousands of readers voted for their favourite new phones, apps and networks during October on the What Mobile website. Editor Richard Melville said: ?It?s no secret that Nokia make great phones but with a new Windows Phone Mango operating system, great design and a competitive price, the Lumia 800 feels like real innovation for smartphones and, importantly, one that?s cool enough to attract everyone from gadget geeks to casual, fashion conscious phone users.?

Nokia revealed the award on the Nokia conversations blog on Thursday. ?We?d like to say a big thank-you to What Mobile readers for their support,? said a Nokia spokesperson. The Nokia Lumia 800 went on sale across the UK and some European markets. A number of stores in the UK opened early on Wednesday for potential customers. Nokia representatives handed out free chocolate and coffee to potential customers on London?s Oxford Street on Wednesday. British operator Orange revealed this week that the Lumia 800 is the most popular Nokia preorder device to date for the firm. Orange is currently running a promotion for existing customers who opt for the Lumia 800. The operator is giving away a free Xbox to existing customers eligible for the promotion. Orange also plans to make the free Xbox 360 offer available to new customers soon too.

http://www.winrumors.com/nokia-lumia-800-named-what-mobile-phone-of-the-year/

I hope the marketing does it's magic and the 800's sales are solid that we get some numbers out of nokia. I'd kill for some good sales figures to get the haters to stfu.

• Like 2

I hope the marketing does it's magic and the 800's sales are solid that we get some numbers out of nokia. I'd kill for some good sales figures to get the haters to stfu.

On one hand I agree, on the other I'd like my new phone to hold a shred of exclusivity :p

:) its starting it need more time

q7RI7.jpg

translation

moment my luck today .... any establishment Phone House -Nokia Lumia 800 is sold out, new order on the road :-)

http://twitter.com/#...192202043535361

That's good, but now people question how many units did they have originally? This is why I wanna see some good Nokia sales numbers. They're not going to be iPhone level, and they don't have to be, hell if Nokia sells around 1 million 800's for the month that'd be great.