Lumia 800 still a good choice?

After watching Lumia 900 and Lumia 610 listed as "coming soon" for the past 2-3 months in India, I finally gave in and purchased a Lumia 800, instead.

I've liked the phone from the beginning, and like the environment.

I'd have purchased it sooner, but liked the Xperia S better, which I'm using now..

Anyway, what I wished to ask is..is it still a good purchase?

Is the phone decently powered with the chip and RAM for usual purposes?

There are reviews online, but I'd like to know what the users here thought about it, and think now with the benefit of hindsight, on the purchase?

I would have held of until the 20th to see what they say about WP8 and the upgrade path. But at the end of the day if it does what you need then who cares what the spec is.

Also, to add, here in India, there is generally no phone+carrier bundled contract, and the phone needs to be purchased outright.

I paid 295 USD for it? Good deal for it?

+1 It would have been better waiting for the 20th like Depicus said.

Even if they announce anything, it will take ages for the new thing, whatever it is, to find its way here in India.

Lumias 900 and 610 are still "coming soon", and 900's a major doubt for the Indian market anyway, almost a no-no. Nokia's instead gearing up for the PureView instead,

So long wait,

I thought Mango OS + USD 295 made it a pretty decent deal.

It does not lag, does it? WIth the 512 MB RAM?

It's a fantastic phone, great to use and is the most survivable phone I have ever owned (fell out of pocket to the driveway whilst taking Christmas lights down from garage roof).

I don't think you would be dissapointed, especially if you are an Xbox 360 or Zune user.

Why waiting till te event was slightly better choice was coz you would know if Apollo was going to come to Lumia 800 , if it doesn't your phone won't really live long as far as software is concerned. But besides that yes Lumia 800 is a good deal :) what was the street price in INR ? 23k ?

610 just came to Australia so u see it will take time , I guess Nokia will directly launch WP8 phones now for India.

Yes, street price is somewhere around 23-24K Online for 22.5.

I got mine at 16.5K. So I thought pretty good deal.

I hope it gets an upgrade sure.

If it doesn't, Nokia will lose a chunk of the market in India. People won't want to go for a higher level phone in so short a time after the 800,710.

610 and 900 are "coming soon" for the past 3 months or so.