Trying to find a classical song

Hey all,

I trying to find a classical flute song, that's really fast paced, has a gong in it, drums... except I've no idea where to start looking, I know it's fairly known

Edit: Just realized it can be any instrument not just flute, but you get the idea, the gong and drums are very prominent in it.

An idea of what "fast paced:

edit: i'm pretty sure the songs name was "dance of the.."

Just can't nail it

So far, tried, dance of the buffons, birds, clowns (all rimsky, and nothing ::/)

Sabre Dance by Aram Khachaturian might be worth looking in to. I vaguely recall trying to play it (poorly) it's a rather difficult piece to play largely due to the tempo. Gnomenrreigen by Liszt is also worth checking out (it translates to "dance of the gnomes" which is consistent with your guess at the title).

You might want to try and provide more information about where you heard the piece. Have you heard it often or simply in passing only briefly? On a commercial or in a movie? Did you hear the full 'song' or only a small segment? Any idea on the 'mood' of the piece (is in in a minor key -- sounding sad, or major key: typically happier tracks). Did it sound suitable as a background to "conflict" or more for celebration?

edit: i'm pretty sure the songs name was "dance of the.."

Just can't nail it

So far, tried, dance of the buffons, birds, clowns (all rimsky, and nothing : :/)

Dance of the Knights? Dance of the Reed Flutes? Dance of the Swans?

....Dance of the Sugarplum Fairies? :shifty:

Most likely none of these, bro.