UFC 140: Jones vs. Machida

Imagine a world were 12 to 6 elbows are legal... :rofl: Lyoto would have needed surgery.

Actually on a serious note, I'd like to see elbows on the ground banned. But most of all, those downward front thrust and sides kicks to the knee. Those are career ending, illegal in most stand up fighting.

Actually on a serious note, I'd like to see elbows on the ground banned. But most of all, those downward front thrust and sides kicks to the knee. Those are career ending, illegal in most stand up fighting.

Why would you want to ruin the sport? Might as well demand padding and headgear after that, don't want people getting hurt right?

Why would you want to ruin the sport? Might as well demand padding and headgear after that, don't want people getting hurt right?

Career ending injuries such as that down kick to the knee is much different than wearing headgear. Do you actually know what headgear is used for?

Strikeforce didn't allow elbows on the ground, sucked hard. If you start banning legitimate techniques, you can't really stop. It's a slippery slope. If you disallow kicks to the knees (in any way, shape or direction) then you have to ban kneeing. It's the same concept of impact on the joint. And kneebars therefor destroying the career of Paul Harris. The Mir kimura was pretty much career ending, should the UFC implent a rule against Kimuras? Or an even dumber rule like the one grappling competitions have against the can opener move that causes whoever uses it for it's legitimate purpose of breaking guard to pretty much always lose. Every submission has the potential to be career ending. It doesn't mean it should be outright banned.

Career ending injuries such as that down kick to the knee is much different than wearing headgear. Do you actually know what headgear is used for?

Headgear is used by amateurs to protect their precious faces from injury, and yet it's not that protective after all, look at Andre Ward, ended up getting stitches above his eye while sparring and wearing headgear.

Point it once you start banning moves that can be "career ending" which just about any move in MMA can be under the right circumstances, might as well pad up and fake hit like they do in Taekwondo competitions

• Like 1

Headgear is used by amateurs to protect their precious faces from injury, and yet it's not that protective after all, look at Andre Ward, ended up getting stitches above his eye while sparring and wearing headgear.

Point it once you start banning moves that can be "career ending" which just about any move in MMA can be under the right circumstances, might as well pad up and fake hit like they do in Taekwondo competitions

Head gear is to protect your head from hitting hard surfaces should you get knocked down, not so much to protect you from damage, its just a bonus at times.

Understand I want asking for a ban everything so lets not run off on a tangent. For instance, in professional boxing I'd prefer them to use smaller gloves saving us from 12 rounds and more long term damage to the brain in boxing.

Leg submissions you actually have a chance to tap, but that thrust kick to the knee, no chance therefore a pro could see his career go down the tubes in an instant. Just my two cents from my days of point sparring. No need to run on a tangent about how I want everything banned, that's going too far and putting words in my mouth.

Head gear is to protect your head from hitting hard surfaces should you get knocked down, not so much to protect you from damage, its just a bonus at times.

Understand I want asking for a ban everything so lets not run off on a tangent. For instance, in professional boxing I'd prefer them to use smaller gloves saving us from 12 rounds and more long term damage to the brain in boxing.

Leg submissions you actually have a chance to tap, but that thrust kick to the knee, no chance therefore a pro could see his career go down the tubes in an instant. Just my two cents from my days of point sparring. No need to run on a tangent about how I want everything banned, that's going too far and putting words in my mouth.

Slippery slope, once they start banning moves it steamrolls into turning the sport into a joke, maybe if there was a stream of fighters having to retire due to kicks to the knee then they might want to look at it, but you should never ban something just because it could sorta maybe be career ending

Slippery slope, once they start banning moves it steamrolls into turning the sport into a joke, maybe if there was a stream of fighters having to retire due to kicks to the knee then they might want to look at it, but you should never ban something just because it could sorta maybe be career ending

I think we just started noticing fighters utilize this move more and more recently so its just the beginning.

It has been career ending in other contact sports, that's why it sparks interest for me. We had kids get screwed over because of it. We could always reverse the issue and say why ban anything at all. Eye gouges, fish hooks, punches to the back of the head, soccer kicks, knees to the head of a downed opponent? That would equally be a slippery slope as well.