Recommend me a good MP3 player

I lost my Cowon iAudio player, and now would like to replace it. I am open to suggestions as long it is not an iPod. I am really open as to what features I want and capacity is also open!

If you're looking for strictly an audio player the Sansa Clip+ is an amazing little device. It's cheap, and a MicroSD slot allows you to expand the capacity by a great amount.

I used to have a Sansa, and really liked them, does the clip have a display, or is it more like the iPod shuffle? I really would prefer a player with a display.

The Clip+ does have a display. Here's a picture.

sandisk-sansa-clip-plus-dap.jpg

It also has some great features like a microphone for recording and FM radio.

You should definitely check out their product page and see the full list of features.

^ How is the sound quality? The problem is that I really liked my Cowon player, it had awesome sound quality!

I would look into the Samsung Galaxy Player lineup. I have a Samsung P3 and it has excellent audio quality. I've been debating getting a Galaxy Player myself, but my P3 still works fine, and the Galaxy is lacking some features my P3 has, (Vibewoofer, pairing with a cell phone). It does, however support a ton of other features since it runs Android.

I would look into the Samsung Galaxy Player lineup. I have a Samsung P3 and it has excellent audio quality. I've been debating getting a Galaxy Player myself, but my P3 still works fine, and the Galaxy is lacking some features my P3 has, (Vibewoofer, pairing with a cell phone). It does, however support a ton of other features since it runs Android.

I was gonna mention this as well. The Galaxy Player looks pretty sweet.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By Copernic
      AIMP 5.01 Build 2350 Beta
      by Razvan Serea

AIMP is a powerful audio player that allows you to listen to your favorite music with an outstanding sound quality. Its appearance resembles that of another classical audio player (Winamp).

The program includes a 18-band equalizer, a visualization window to display rhythmic visual effects and a playlist editor to organize your audio files. A nice fading effect makes your list of songs look like an endless music loop and a handy volume normalizing feature avoids drastic volume changes between tracks. Also, the players main functions can be conveniently controlled by global hotkeys.

Besides playing music, AIMP features three extra utilities which also enable you to record any sound on your computer, convert audio files from one format to another and view or edit tags. AIMP is based on the well-known audio engine BASS, so its easy to connect new plug-ins (from the plug-in library included in the program) and expand the players functionality.

AIMP 5.01 Build 2350 Beta changelog:

Skin engine: chapters and bookmarks now displays on seekbar Queue manager: double-click on track will focus it in the playlist General: migration to new version of VCL Tag editor: state of the "Quick Access" node now stores between different work sessions Skin engine: potential abilities has been extended Plugins: last.fm - reduced number of requests to the service Fixed: scheduler - timestamps stores to configuration file in locale-depended format Fixed: tag editor - ID3v2 - chapters with an empty title leads to corrupted tag field Fixed: tag editor - FLAC - app uses Description tag field instead of Comment tag field Fixed: tag editor - online search - discogs - album artist is used instead of track artist Fixed: skin engine - syntax error in expression interrupts skin loading Fixed: skin engine - minor issues were fixed Download: AIMP 5.01 Build 2350 Beta | 14.8 MB (Freeware)
      View: AIMP Website

Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware

• By Copernic
      foobar2000 1.6.8
      by Razvan Serea

foobar2000 is an advanced freeware audio player for the Windows platform. It features the simplest, most minimalistic interface you'll ever see in this kind of program. Other features include full unicode support, ReplayGain support and native support for several popular audio formats.

foobar2000 features:

Supported audio formats: MP3, MP4, AAC, CD Audio, WMA, Vorbis, FLAC, WavPack, WAV, AIFF, Musepack, Speex, AU, SND... and more with additional components. Gapless playback. Full unicode support. Easily customizable user interface layout. Advanced tagging capabilities. Support for ripping Audio CDs as well as transcoding all supported audio formats using the Converter component. Full ReplayGain support. Customizable keyboard shortcuts. Open component architecture allowing third-party developers to extend functionality of the player foobar2000 1.6.8 changelog:

Fixed visual glitches when scrolling lists horizontally with mouse wheel through Logitech software. Improved output format negotiation with exclusive output. Fixed failure to install components from store-mode (uncompressed) zip archives. Improved handling of malformed FLAC files, prevented crash from too many cuesheet entries. Correct reporting of AC3 channel count in MP4 files even without AC3 component installed (before it would incorrectly report stereo). Allowed UTF-8 cuesheets without UTF-8 header. Fixed htmlspecialchars misuse in component update list / component page link. Mapped MP4 @mvn field to "movement name". Prevented the same folder from being added more than once to the Media Library. Properties dialog: deferred logging of user-entered field names for the dropdown list until the tags are saved, effectively preventing typos from being remembered. Fixed a bug causing alt+f4 (and possibly other keyboard events) to be disregarded if mouse pointer is above specific interactive portion of a window (list controls, buttons in editboxes). Improved handling of files with malformed APE tags - some files were entirely unplayable. More thorough 'remove tags' for Vorbis, Opus and Musepack. Fixed text truncation in ReplayGain Scanner preferences page. Made possible to add attached pictures by drag and drop to relevant Properties dialog page. Download page: foobar2000 1.6.8 | 4.5 MB (Freeware)
      Links: Home Page | foobar2000 for Mac | Windows Store | Android

• By Copernic
      AIMP 5.00.2342
      by Razvan Serea

AIMP is a powerful audio player that allows you to listen to your favorite music with an outstanding sound quality. Its appearance resembles that of another classical audio player (Winamp).

The program includes a 18-band equalizer, a visualization window to display rhythmic visual effects and a playlist editor to organize your audio files. A nice fading effect makes your list of songs look like an endless music loop and a handy volume normalizing feature avoids drastic volume changes between tracks. Also, the players main functions can be conveniently controlled by global hotkeys.

Besides playing music, AIMP features three extra utilities which also enable you to record any sound on your computer, convert audio files from one format to another and view or edit tags. AIMP is based on the well-known audio engine BASS, so its easy to connect new plug-ins (from the plug-in library included in the program) and expand the players functionality.

AIMP 5.00.2342 changelog:

General: performance has been increased Bookmarks: list of bookmarks for playing track has been added to seek bar context menu Default skin: an ability to switch off accent color for window frame Skin engine: potential abilities has been extended Skin engine: performance has been improved Skin engine: compatibility with old skins has been improved Fixed: plugins - scheduler - unable to select date and time if OS locale is Spanish Fixed: plugins - scheduler - volume control does not work in simple mode (regression) Fixed: plugins - scheduler - the "wake up PC" option has no effect in certain cases (regression) Fixed: plugins - scheduler - the "wait for playing track to finish" option shifts action time on next repeat Fixed: smart-playlists - sorting options are not imported from playlists created in AIMP4 Fixed other minor issues Download: AIMP 5.00.2342 | 13.2 MB (Freeware)
      View: AIMP Website | AIMP 5.00 Release Notes

• By Copernic
      1by1 2.00
      by Razvan Serea

1by1 is a small and versatile audio player for MP3, MP2 and plugin supported audio formats as WAV, OGG, AAC, CD Audio and many others. With no need for playlists it simply plays your tracks, one by one directly from your directories. The player focuses on smart file handling and enhanced play features. You won't find visual effects or skins. On the other hand you get extra features like built in dynamic audio enhancing, transition mixing, a file finder, big title display, Cue sheet and Playlist support.

1by1 Features:

Directory Player: directly plays your folder contents Full Resume play: remembers last track and position Gapless play · simple crossfading · Audio enhancer Folder tree file navigation · Directory finder: plays whole drive Supported decoders: ACM (MP3), mpglib (MP2, MP3) BASS library support (OGG, WAV, FLAC, AAC, MP4, CD...) Winamp 2.x input plugin support File utils: copy, move, rename while play, delete, date change Folder compare tool · Rename tool · Big title display Cue sheet support · Playlist support · Favorites Audio scrobbling support · Unicode support Very small size · Low resource usage · portable 1by1 2.00 changelog:

Possible folder resume related crash fixed

Cue sheet times display bug fixed

System properties for track context menu

Explorer from context with track selected

Program icon as optional picture placeholder

File sizes shown in MB

Some options went to Special tab

Minor changes

Download: 1by1 2.00 | 198 KB (Freeware)
      View: 1by1 Home page | 1by1 for Android

• By Copernic
      iTunes 12.12.2
      by Razvan Serea

iTunes is a free application for Windows PCs. It plays all your digital music and video. It syncs content to your iPod, iPhone, and Apple TV. And it's an entertainment superstore that stays open 24/7.

Organize your music into playlists Edit file information Record compact discs Copy files to an iPod or other digital audio player Purchase music and videos on the Internet through the built-in iTunes store Run a visualizer to display graphical effects in time to the music Encode music into a number of different audio formats. Download: iTunes 12.12.2 (64-bit) | 201.0 MB (Freeware)
      Download: iTunes 12.12.2 (32-bit) | 171.0 MB
      Links: Apple iTunes Website