What do you think?

Argh, firewall banned the site. I'm presuming its either about football or one of the World Wars.

If people are anti-German, then they really should grow up.

perhaps next time you should set a more clearer/relevant title, because there are a million threads with a title like this.

ok back on topic, i don't know much about germans, i just think they are pretty smart and intelligent.

I have been to Germany (from UK) many times, and have many German friends. I have only once encountered a German guy who was racist towards me, and he was treated as an instant outcast by his peer group for it.

Their history has made them a very enlightened people!

Only girlfriend I ever had that was worth anything was a German girl. She was the sweetest kind-hearted girl I've ever known. If I had been able to keep her here to myself I would've married her. Any negative comments towards Germans will always get stuck in my BS filter.

Not sure exactly why the thread you referred to was pursuing what it was and why. Yes, some things were outright stupid. What else is new, especially when people can say things so impulsively/flippantly and anonymously?

Anyway, one of my dearest friends in my life was German, and I frankly saw her put up with some BS at times when I saw her regularly (in France). Really involved in German peace movements and so on, helping tons of people, only to see some blow her off superficially just because she was German.

Any place that says a generic "what do you think of people from x country?" isn't worth your time. There are great and horrible people wherever you go these days. Sure Germany's had a bit of a more-than-unusual past, but I mostly take people these days as individuals based on their character, values, etc.

Would have eventually married that friend if it was realistic to pursue as a romantic thing. One of the most marvelous humans I've ever encountered anywhere....

your kidding right?

Its just a thread in a music forum with a couple idiots talking trash about Germany, take a breath man and move on.

I thought I was actually going to see something like a site trashing the country.

I mean that was just a couple trolls

moved..palmed off on..Real World Issues

Yeah I guess so. Maybe I'm getting so worked up because I've actually met a few of those idiots, and thought they might be able to rub up a tiny bit of sense between them. Maybe it's just me not liking people talking trash about my family (be it in general), whether it be in real life or on the internet.