coming from the nexus one..

choose  

15 members have voted

1. 1. which phone?

• Motorola Droid RAZR
    • Samsung Galaxy Note

I've been using my trusty Nexus One for 2 years now, and I rooted and plagued it with custom roms since day 1 and stands strong till this day....however I want a new phone.

The Note and the Razr appeal to me both. I like the Note a lot, but the size....just seems too impractical?

The Razr might not be that famous or common among average user or developers.

Decisions, decisions!

I don;t want the SG2 as everyone I know has it....i like to be different! XD

Suggestions?

First, there is little to compare between the two. At the heart, they both have dual-core processors, 1 GB of RAM, blah, blah, blah.

The thing that matters is the incredible overall design of RAZR and the front and sides of Nexus. (I don't like the back)

RAZR, no doubt, will get ICS, but obviously it'll have some custom OEM skin installed on it, which may or may not ruin the experience.

Nexus, on the other hand, will give you a slightly larger screen, stock ICS (which is great), and updates from the future.

By last thing, I mean It'll surely get the official next big update from Google, of Android.

RAZR, will get only some minor updates. It's still possible that it gets the next big update, version 5.0 or whatever that'll be, but its highly unlikely, as the history suggests.

I, personally, would recommend Nexus.

If you can try any one of them, from a family member, or a friend, or at store, it'll be good for you.

Also, what about iOS and Windows Phone?

First, there is little to compare between the two. At the heart, they both have dual-core processors, 1 GB of RAM, blah, blah, blah.

The thing that matters is the incredible overall design of RAZR and the front and sides of Nexus. (I don't like the back)

RAZR, no doubt, will get ICS, but obviously it'll have some custom OEM skin installed on it, which may or may not ruin the experience.

Nexus, on the other hand, will give you a slightly larger screen, stock ICS (which is great), and updates from the future.

By last thing, I mean It'll surely get the official next big update from Google, of Android.

RAZR, will get only some minor updates. It's still possible that it gets the next big update, version 5.0 or whatever that'll be, but its highly unlikely, as the history suggests.

I, personally, would recommend Nexus.

If you can try any one of them, from a family member, or a friend, or at store, it'll be good for you.

Also, what about iOS and Windows Phone?

Are you referring to the Galaxy Nexus? This thing lacks a lot!

And for iOS and WP.....no way!

Are you referring to the Galaxy Nexus? This thing lacks a lot!

Yes, I was referring to Galaxy Nexus.

This thing lacks a lot!

What?

Just a suggestion

Yeah, no usb mass storage, sd slot, cheap build..

I just have one question. What does lack of USB Mass Storage mode really take away from the phone? I mean you can still connect your phone to a computer and copy files to and from it. And 32GB of built in storage I would think would negate the need for an SD card. But anyway that's just my opinion.

I also want to add that I'm quite happy with my nexus, coming from a 2yr old OG Droid. I still think you should consider it. Especially if your considering a Razr (yuck!)

I agree with the post above. I would still look at the G-Nexus. I can't see why the lack of USB Mass storage should change your mind. And it's anything but cheaply built.

Anyway, between your two choices, I would say the RAZR.

From your choices i'd say the RAZR - way better "phone" than the Note.

You should definitely get the GNex however - it uses MTP so you can copy files to and from it just as you can in Mass Storage mode would, no iPhone locked file system there. There's also MPP which allows the PC to see the phone as a Camera and treat it as such. That is if your only objections are the things you listed and not stuff like Vanilla Android vs skins or sizes or other issues.

Yeah, no usb mass storage, sd slot, cheap build..

Uhhh, yea, Still can connect your phone via USB and copy files. SD card slot is really no big deal tho I agree, would be nice to have one. Just my preference. And cheap build? The thing is SOLID. Just because its plastic, doesnt mean its cheap.

The Galaxy Nexus is a beautiful phone. The screen is really nice and its the first Android phone I've messed around with and experience 0 lag in the screen transitions and the response time from the touch screen.

It does lack USB host capability and no MicroSD slot... but I've always been an iPhone user who tends to have 16GB out of 32GB free. I understand that some people really want lots of storage options for their device, but I'm not one of those people I guess.

If I were in need of replacing my iPhone 4 right now I would probably go with the Galaxy Nexus even over the iPhone 4S. I'm incline to switch to Windows Phone sometime next year after my contract runs out with AT&T, but unless Windows Phone supports much higher PPI (that's comparable with the Galaxy Nexus or iPhone Retina display) then I'm not biting.

I don't think I would buy an Android phone that was not loaded with ICS right now. If you don't like Galaxy Nexus, I would wait a few months for ICS to become the standard that all the OEMs are turning out on their phone.

I'm not a huge fan of the Galaxy Nexus. I'd typically suggest the SGS II over it. But, between the Galaxy Nexus and the Droid RAZR, it's no competition. The Galaxy Nexus is MUCH better than the RAZR. I've heard really bad things about the RAZR and heard the screen looks terrible. I haven't actually had it in my hand myself, so I can't say much, just what I've heard. Regardless, I'd take the Nexus over the RAZR fo sho.

Edit: Wait, you WERE talking about the Note. Other people's comments confused me. Well, I don't think the Note is very practical at it's size, but if you do, then go for it, it'd be awesome to have that size of a screen if you didn't have to hold it to your head to talk on it. Honestly, I wouldn't pick the RAZR or the Note. The Nexus is better than both, though if you had a choice by carrier my first pick would be an SGS II, but Verizon doesn't have an SGS II.