Android 4.0 with HTC Sense

The first HTC Sense-d Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich ROM broke cover, folks. Thanks to the effort of a team of developers over at XDA, we now have a chance to see what changes are coming to the HTC devices, which are bound for upgrade. In this particular case, the ROM has been flashed to an HTC Sensation.

As you can notice, the HTC Sense 3.5 dressed ROM will offer a significantly different experience than the stock UI, which we've experienced on the Samsung Galaxy Nexus. It will be closely related in terms of look and feel to the HTC Sense UI.

You are welcome to try the ROM on your compatible HTC device by clicking on the source link below. As always, beware of the potential risks which come with the operation.

gsmarena_001.jpggsmarena_005.jpg

gsmarena_004.jpg

gsmarena_003.jpggsmarena_002.jpg

Source

I wonder if you can move the lock screen quick access 'buttons' a row higher.

My old desire has tendency to unlock itself in a pocket, so this will be no good for me :(

Besides that looks sweet.

Planning to get the HTC ICS device when they come out :)

I wonder if you can move the lock screen quick access 'buttons' a row higher.

My old desire has tendency to unlock itself in a pocket, so this will be no good for me :(

Besides that looks sweet.

Planning to get the HTC ICS device when they come out :)

Lock Screen in 4 is same but with extra features, like access to Camera and Status bar without unlocking the phone!

Ruined the whole look of it

I'd have to agree with that. I actually like the ICS look. Normally I use Launcher Pro but have not reinstalled that. I do have my phone rooted tho but have not applied a new ROM either. I may change things if I get bored if the stock look tho.

Only a few screenshots and people are moaning already. They have taken a number of ideas from apple though and I dont like that thought. The way I have my phone setup means that nothing here will make the way I use my phone any different but we will see when the final release hit the airwaves.

If you think HTC are doing a bad job then you probably haven't seen Sony's Android 4 yet:

For the first time ever stock Android looks beautiful, i don't see any need for manufactures to mess with it.

I guess each manufacturer has to do something to make there phone different to the competition though... hopefully HTC will end up with Sense 4.0 that will be a lot nicer, this is a leak remember.

If you think HTC are doing a bad job then you probably haven't seen Sony's Android 4 yet:

What's wrong with Sony theme ? i like it :D

OMG can't believe they bastardized ICS like that! It's OK to add some new stuff or even change a few things but to totally crappify the original just makes it not even look like an upgrade in the first place!

post-698-0-33245900-1324650093.jpg

• Like 3

Ugh, HTC Sense went from the UI you actually wanted on Android to possibly being the worst of them all. As if the carrier bloat wasn't enough, Sense is the most bloated turd I've seen in a long time. I think the Galaxy Nexus is going to see sales like no other Nexus has before, and hopefully it will give a hint to all the other manufacturers that people want a stock experience without the added crap to slow down the phone, drain the battery, and cause more issues and crashes.

People read the bold text Im about to put here:

READ THE ****ING FIRST POST.

This is just some guy on XDA that got Sense 3.5 and put it on a ASOP version of Android 4. This is NOT HTC's Sense for Android 4. This is not done by HTC at all.

If it looks ugly, blame XDA, not HTC.

People read the bold text Im about to put here:

READ THE ****ING FIRST POST.

This is just some guy on XDA that got Sense 3.5 and put it on a ASOP version of Android 4. This is NOT HTC's Sense for Android 4. This is not done by HTC at all.

If it looks ugly, blame XDA, not HTC.

Relax...only a couple people blamed HTC. But thanks for the big bold letters....

All manufacture supplied interfaces are nothing but bloated gargantuans. Nothing looks classy as the stock interface.

All manufacture supplied interfaces are nothing but bloated gargantuans. Nothing looks classy as the stock interface.

I agree.

When I had the hTC Magic (in think in US it was called myTouch 3G) all I wanted was the Sense interface (well, mostly the Clock widget) from my friends hTC Hero.

Now, since Gingerbread, I think stock Android is more polished and looks great. ICS is just pure awesome in my opinion. Sense is bloated, it still has code written when it was launched (and based) on Android 1.6. It's laggy, and not that modern looking anymore. It really needs a re-write from scratch, Or to die.