Where Do You Keep Eggs?

Eggs - Where Do You Keep Yours?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Keep Eggs in the Fridge?

• Yes - Refridgerated
    • No - not refridgerated

I learnt to keep them out of the fridge, usually near the bread.

My girlfriend says they belong in the fridge, which is why you get the egg sections. But supermarkets have them in the non-refrigerated section?

Eggs - where do you keep yours?

they are in the fridge in the store so in the fridge at home. It slows down the aging of the egg. Talk to a chicken farmer or egg producer. Near freezing can keep an embryo on 'pause' for quite some time until more demand is asked...

I know in places like Cuba they are not refrigerated - but they are usually always fresh as well and consumed within a day of being taken from the hen.

Its recommended in baking to leave your egg come to room temperature - around 30 minutes - for best flavor. I usually do this and it does make cookies and cakes a bit fluffier. never tried with a fried or boiled though.

I would keep them outside, but the animals would eat them, and besides it just a little to cold (-12 F). . .just kidding (about keeping them outside).

The Fridge. A dozen eggs usually last me about two weeks.

In the fridge because of the tray and it's what I've been brought up with... never thought about it before :p

I've never seen a supermarket where the eggs weren't kept refrigerated. They are usually in the open type fridge though, like butter and cheese, not a closed one like milk, etc.

I don't keep eggs in the fridge. First thing I do when I get a new fridge (as un-often as that is) is throw away the little egg holder.

I keep my eggs in a large chicken-shaped ceramic bowl on a window sill in the kitchen. :p

If your grocery store doesn't keep eggs in the refrigerated section, they're doing it wrong. And I would never go to that store again. Eggs, dairy, and meat should always be refrigerated.

In the fridge.

I guess it's just one of those things, like with Ketchup, if that belongs in the cupboard or in the fridge. It's a different answer depending on who you ask.

If your grocery store doesn't keep eggs in the refrigerated section, they're doing it wrong. And I would never go to that store again. Eggs, dairy, and meat should always be refrigerated.

The Tesco I go to doesn't store eggs in fridges...

The eggs that I buy from any of our big super markets are NEVER kept in a refrigerated area. I have been buying eggs for close to 36 years and have been eating them for more than 50 years and have never gotten ill or that I can remember, had a rotten egg! When they come home I do put them in the fridge, 24 eggs last us about 2 weeks. I also know many people who buy eggs that weren't refrigerated and also don't put them into the fridge when they get them home and nothing ever happens to these people either!

I keep mine in the fridge.

I used to read books on long distance solo sailing, and the majority of sailors stored theirs unrefridgerated, but they coated them with vasaline.

Apparently, egg shells are porous, allowing air inside. If you seal the egg shell, they can be stored, almost indefinitely, similar to some canned goods!

I learnt to keep them out of the fridge, usually near the bread.

My girlfriend says they belong in the fridge, which is why you get the egg sections. But supermarkets have them in the non-refrigerated section?

Eggs - where do you keep yours?

which supermarkets?? I've been buying eggs for years in several stores in this city and they are always refridgerated.