The Truth About Your Eggs - Very Disturbing News

Click on link to see the full article and the horrid video

Eggs are quite possibly the world's perfect protein source. The six grams of protein in each egg has the highest biological value -- a measure of how well it supports your body's protein needs -- of any food, including beef. The yolks contain vitamin B12, deficiencies of which can cause attention, mood, and thinking problems.

Depending on where you're getting your eggs, though, you could be getting a lot more of stuff you don't want. First you'll get some arsenic, added to feed to promote growth in hens but linked to various forms of cancer in people, and an extra dose of antibiotics, also used to promote growth but linked to antibiotic resistance and even obesity in people. Then add a heaping helping of salmonella. A 2010 study published in the journal Veterinary Record found that the eggs from hens confined to cages, as they often are in factory farms, had 7.77-times greater odds of harboring salmonella bacteria than eggs from non-caged hens.

You wouldn't know that based on what's starting to appear on egg cartons. Labels like "natural" and "cage-free" make eggs seem like they came from down on the farm, from chickens living happy lives and eating bugs. But that's not always the case. If all you want is healthy protein, it's time to start scrutinizing egg cartons. Following are nine of the most common egg-carton claims and what they mean for your health.

So to summarize.. Don't just eat eggs, and always cook them, and you're fine.

Almost all foods have high levels of something bad, it's why you are told to eat a healthy, mixed diet.. Continuously eating the same food over and over is generally bad.

I wonder how many eggs you'd need to eat to get enough arsenic to even begin to reach a dangerous level..

And the Antibiotics.. really, you want to cut down on your dose, cut out the antibiotic soap and cleaners people use all the time..

Just another care of fear mongering to get some views cause if the media doesn't have something new and dangerous to report to you, then they think no one will watch..

What's worse is the GMO food market. Monsanto produces Genetically modified corn with it's round up chemical in the corn to prevent bugs from eating it. oh and Kymera (spelling?) which are genetically modified to grow bigger and faster.

• Like 1

I heard you get eye cancer from reading articles.

only in the state of California

I keep chickens and eat their eggs, as that way I know exactly what they're being fed. And I've never had a problem with eating eggs raw, as I always taste the raw mix of any baking I do. It also depends on which country you live in. For instance, most meat in the US is laced with hormones and antibiotics, which are banned in the EU; it's the same with GM foods - in the EU they have to be labelled but in the US they can add them without any warning.

The real message here is to avoid buying cheap food products and ensure that the regulatory agencies for your country are doing their job properly.

What's worse is the GMO food market. Monsanto produces Genetically modified corn with it's round up chemical in the corn to prevent bugs from eating it. oh and Kymera (spelling?) which are genetically modified to grow bigger and faster.

If there was any actual proof of the fact that GM foods were 100% bad for you, do you really think they would still be on the market? I mean seriously...

If there was any actual proof of the fact that GM foods were 100% bad for you, do you really think they would still be on the market?

Yes... there's money involved.

This propaganda is worse than the so called "big food" propaganda

How so?

The producers offers rebuttals to the major food producers and they all declined. I'd genuinely like to hear how you think it's propaganda as I was going to checkout the documentary.

This propaganda is worse than the so called "big food" propaganda

you kidding right! Robert Kenner, the film's producer, contacted 50 of the largest food producers in America, including Tyson, Monsanto, and Smithfield Farms. None agreed to be interviewed, and none would allow cameras anywhere near their production facilities. Food, Inc. took six years to make, and a large percent of Kenner's production costs went toward legal protection from the aforementioned companies. And BTW the majority of mass-produced chickens (within the USA) are raised in the dark. Their breasts are so large that they're unable to walk. But that's okay, because they're not allowed to. The antibiotics they are fed to keep them breathing in such conditions end up right there in every bite of your sandwich.

You know, I do want to know how these chemicals and what not affect humans. But too bad, we can't experiment on death row inmates or something to see. :(

So to summarize.. Don't just eat eggs, and always cook them, and you're fine

That's probably good advice for almost all foods. High temperature kills most harmful bacteria.