james hetfield "metallica" liver issues?

sorry if i posted this in the wrong section but i heard a rumor awhile back that james the frontman from metallica is having some liver issues and his enzyme count was way off. in case you didn't know he was a heavy drinker back in the 80's-90's until he sought treatment in 2002 and got sober.

i just saw some xmas photos of him and he sorta looks frail and thin as can be. i also have been posting about it on the metallica fourms and any posts related to his weight get deleted. leads me to believe that something may be up? i may be overreacting but ive been a huge fan of the band since 91' and james is almost like a part of my family in a way as crazy as that sounds.

does anyone have any insight into this? have you heard any rumors or concerns?

http://www.starfeine.com/metallicas-james-hetfield-attacks-paparazzi-in-punta-del-este-uruguay/

Whilst I am not sure how healthy he is, I can assure you that with the amount of money he has he would have no problem seeking the best medical services available IF he needed them. :)

Whilst I am not sure how healthy he is, I can assure you that with the amount of money he has he would have no problem seeking the best medical services available IF he needed them.

How'd that work out for Steve Jobs?

The reason he died was his own stubbornness. After they found the cancer he waited 9 months against all medical advice from the greatest minds money could buy believing that he could fix it through herbal remedies and purging. It was only after all that failed that he went for the surgery but by then it was too late it had already spread to his liver and he then needed a liver transplant. It's all documented in his biography.

I'm pretty confident that had he got the tumour removed immediately he would still be alive to this day.

• Like 2

He refused treatment in the early stages of his illness. Not to mention that he had pancreatic cancer, which has the lowest surivial rate of any cancer.

sorry if i posted this in the wrong section but i heard a rumor awhile back that james the frontman from metallica is having some liver issues and his enzyme count was way off. in case you didn't know he was a heavy drinker back in the 80's-90's until he sought treatment in 2002 and got sober.

i just saw some xmas photos of him and he sorta looks frail and thin as can be. i also have been posting about it on the metallica fourms and any posts related to his weight get deleted. leads me to believe that something may be up? i may be overreacting but ive been a huge fan of the band since 91' and james is almost like a part of my family in a way as crazy as that sounds.

does anyone have any insight into this? have you heard any rumors or concerns?

http://www.starfeine...l-este-uruguay/

I saw in the thread on MetBB people commenting about posts getting deleted, and assumed it was because they were mentioning some illness or other.

Due to heavy drinking, the liver can start slowly destroying itself - at that point the only thing one can do is make the destruction process slower.

i dunno if it's true or not but i pray for his sake it is not. i really respect him and metallica. some are saying it's a new diet but im not soo sure? i cannot find any new info on the subject anywhere.

• 1 month later...

Sorry to bump this but even recent photos show just how much weight james has lost. But the rumor of anything to do with his liver has not been confirmed or denied yet.

It's ********. It was a rumour that started on Blabbermouth (of all places) and it is quite obviously ridiculous. If you look at Hetfield in the 90's and 80's he was even thinner than he is now. All he's done is got back in shape after being a bit portly for a few years.

The reason all the threads get deleted is just that - it's ******** and it's a malicious rumour started by some anti-metallica douchebag on Blabbermouth.net