phpBB 3.0.10

http://www.phpbb.com/

phpBB is a free flat-forum bulletin board software solution that can be used to stay in touch with a group of people or can power your entire website.

Greetings community,

We are pleased to announce the release of phpBB "Bertie's new year present" 3.0.10. This version is a maintenance release fixing a number of bugs. Most noteworthy a number of moderator controls are now more precisely controlled by specific permissions instead of being available to all moderators. The display of the index page birthday list now also depends on the view profile permission. We have tested phpBB 3.0.10 with the upcoming PHP 5.4 release and made the necessary changes to ensure a smooth upgrade.

We urge you to update your installation as soon as possible. Our support team will only support phpBB 3.0.10, updates to phpBB 3.0.10 and conversions to phpBB 3.0.10. Submissions to our trackers for older versions will not be accepted, please make sure you update before you submit a bug report.

If you use a language pack other than the default "English [GB]", you should check our downloads section, an update may already be available.

We would also like to say a special thank you to everyone outside the development team who has contributed a patch to this release:

Callum Macrae, Vjacheslav Trushkin, Ma?l Soucaze, Patrick Webster, Alan, David King, Marc Alexander, Tabitha Backoff, Wendy Liu, dmauri and Victor Nagy. You can find a full list of contributors on our redesigned Area51 development section: http://area51.phpbb.com/contributors.

For a complete list of changes with attributed ticket numbers, please consult our comprehensive changelog.

It's skinnable, so you mean "their default theme".

I think their "prosilver Special Edition" theme is quite pleasant.

EDIT: here, installed on my local machine...

4fdh7.png

ZgyLd.png

Been using phpBB since 2.x.xx and I must say its an easy layout and easy to use ACP but something is missing, it's missing the spark that would actually attract people. I've got my own skin made but one can do just as much as the cms allows.

Also without mods it'll be a pain in the *ss. All those bots...geez.

edit: about the bot part, vbulletin is just as s*it as phpbb in that part.