Superman: Man of Steel (2013)

What we need is not a teaser teaser, not a teaser but a trailer. Come on, only like 8 months away or something now!

What the hell is that suit about, Rappy :|

From Tim Burton's un-filmed "Superman Lives" project. Script by Kevin Smith and Nicolas Cage as Superman.

It would have followed the events after his death at the hands of Doomsday, and the metallic costumes are related to the "Man of Tomorrow" and "Man of Steel" from that story arc.

3a1c91e33066cd8256_3tm6bnlcl.png

3386_4_0000000123.jpg

As for the new movies costume, it's sort of in synch with the current comics "shorts-less" Superman costume-

Superman-1-new-costume-2011.jpg

Like I keep saying... if by "serious" they mean included the general

public's "OMFG!" moment when they realize aliens are real.

It always bugged me that Superman admitted being from an alien

world and everyone just kinda went, "Nice, our savior is here!" and

left it at that.

From Tim Burton's un-filmed "Superman Lives" project. Script by Kevin Smith and Nicolas Cage as Superman.

It would have followed the events after his death at the hands of Doomsday, and the metallic costumes are related to the "Man of Tomorrow" and "Man of Steel" from that story arc.

3a1c91e33066cd8256_3tm6bnlcl.png

Ta for the info, didnt know that! Shocking suit..

• 2 weeks later...

Javascript is not enabled or refresh the page to view.

Click here to view the Tweet
For what it's worth, IMDB says his character name is Henry Ackerdson, which is a pretty good match for the Metallo alter ego Henry Ackerson in Justice League Doom. That's probably nothing on about five different levels, so definitely take that with a gargantuan grain of salt, but it might be worth keeping in the way back of one's mind.

Handcuffs, hah. That's probably shortly after he first shows up as Superman and everyone freaks out etc. So he plays it cool to show that he's not a danger and here to help.

Also it's no real surprise that after serious Batman we get a more serious Superman. Hell, now it's the new hollywood "in" thing, make serious and dark superhero movies. New spiderman, went that way, the new iron man movie is all dark and serious etc. We should just come to expect it now going forward, or for at least the next 5-10 years anyways.

It makes them much better to be honest. The previous batman and superman movies were pretty much all garbage.

The new Spiderman wasn't particularly dark, though. It was still good.

I think the new spiderman tried to be, they went for that type of tone with it's trailers at least IMO.

Thing is a lot of the comics were either both extremely dark and extremely camp.

The 80's had a sugar coated tinge about it that made everything all happy clappy with the exception of Iron man and Judge Dredd i grew up thinking they were all aimed at children. How pleasantly wrong i was :p

Thing is a lot of the comics were either both extremely dark and extremely camp.

The 80's had a sugar coated tinge about it that made everything all happy clappy with the exception of Iron man and Judge Dredd i grew up thinking they were all aimed at children. How pleasantly wrong i was :p

I think that's a good point. The Batman and Superman comics are, for the most part, quite dark. The most successful story arcs are always the ones that are grittier. The spiderman comics aren't so much.