Whitney Houston dead @48

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/feb/11/publicist-says-whitney-houston-dead-48/

LOS ANGELES (AP) ? Whitney Houston, who reigned as pop music?s queen until her majestic voice and regal image were ravaged by drug use, has died. She was 48.

Publicist Kristen Foster said Saturday that the singer had died, but the cause and the location of her death were unclear.

At her peak in the 1980s and ?90s, Houston the golden girl of the music industry and one of the world?s best-selling artists.

Among her hits were ?How Will I Know,? ?Saving All My Love for You? and ?I Will Always Love You.? She won multiple Grammys including album and record of the year.

Her success carried her beyond music to movies like ?The Bodyguard.?

But by the end of her career, drug use took its toll as her record sales plummeted and her voice became raspy and hoarse.

harsh to say but with my facebook being spammed with this and the fact I am a heartless ****** I really couldnt care death is a necessity of life so when it happens and does not directly affect me I really dont care lol...

I just heard the news and I'm totally speechless. I knew she had drug use problems but I didn't think it was so extreme. She was really talented and had a beautiful voice. May she rest in peace.

far too young to die and a ANOTHER great talent lost... when is hollywood & the music industry going to learn? how many have to die? drugs are BAD for you people, get help!

IMO there should be a clause in their contracts that if they use drugs or drink excessively they cannot work, maybe that will straighten them up a bit. mandatory drug screens FTW!

RIP

i hope bobby brown feels like crap too because he used to beat the crap out of her. im sure that played a huge role in the drug addiction.

i'm not sure that narcissistic POS gives a damn, though I expect to see him boo-hoo-hoo'ing all over TV for the next month :angry:

wasn't she in treatment? im sure this will be another health ledger type death, accidental overdose.

awesome song, i used to love this when i was back in highschool. i remember seeing the bodygaurd with my girlfriend at the time.