OS X Mountain Lion Discussion

To be honest, if you installed Final Cut, or CS6... why would you unistall it? I don't recall uninstalling a program in a long time, since the days when I had to remove things due to lack of hard drive space, or because they were crappy Windows freewareI used once.

I'm not saying they shouldn't make it better, I'm just saying it's a bit of an edge case these days.

Maybe because there's an issue of some sort?

Maybe because I'm updating to a newer version from the App Store which are installed differently?

Maybe because I don't use the apps and related plugins/extensions anymore?

Maybe because I own a MacBook Air with limited storage space?

• Like 2

Umm are software updates for the OS now done through the App Store UI?

Umm are software updates for the OS now done through the App Store UI?

As far as I can see yes, and I hate it.

So my whole networking issues were sorted out by a power outage. Wish I was kidding. Even though I manually powered down my NAS device, I guess every single device in my house had to be restarted for Mountain Lion to see anything on my network again.

Glad it finally was fixed, but that just does not seem, well, right.

Yeah. Can't stand using it.

Really? It seems faster at checking for updates than the old Software Update, and it's nice not having the Software Update app open and start bouncing around when there are updates available.

As far as I can see yes, and I hate it.

So my whole networking issues were sorted out by a power outage. Wish I was kidding. Even though I manually powered down my NAS device, I guess every single device in my house had to be restarted for Mountain Lion to see anything on my network again.

Glad it finally was fixed, but that just does not seem, well, right.

If that were the case the router probably didn't see it either lol

If that were the case the router probably didn't see it either lol

No it did, I could connect to my NAS device the entire time by manually entering the IP address, but it was just not showing up as Shared on my Macbook, even when I manually connected. Also the entire time my Windows 7 machine had it listed as a networked device like it always would. It was definitely a Mountain Lion issue.

Oh yeah, me too. It's just that the App Store performs so slowly. It's like visiting a website. :/

That is a valid point and I agree there, it really is like browsing a website.

I just found a little app that shows iTunes NowPlaying in Notification Center: Link

I found it here: http://forums.macrum...d.php?t=1417924

Thanks to "heghead" for making it.

post-225814-0-60971700-1344348461.jpg

Sweet, Just waiting for Spotify to support this now!

Edit: Also incase anyone wasn't aware Hiss also can put Growl notifications to Notification Centre, I personally don't like it as it still shows Growl as the application (http://collect3.com.au/hiss/)

Oh yeah, me too. It's just that the App Store performs so slowly. It's like visiting a website. :/

I just go to the Updates tab directly by using the "Software Update..." item in the Apple menu. I never hit the slow Featured page.

• Like 2

Try Patch Management with Absolute Manage on a large number of machines with Mountain Lion. Apple really don't like the Enterprise ;).

Requiring an AppleID to install System Updates is ****ing crazy!

I just go to the Updates tab directly (by using the Software Update... item in the Apple menu). I never hit the slow Featured page.

Thanks for the tip.

I'm really hoping Apple will do something cool with iTunes 11.

The biggest thing I want is for them to make it have a smaller footprint. If that means splitting the functionality up into separate apps, I'm okay with that.

If they're trying to merge portions of OS X with iOS, then that would be the way to go.

I just found a little app that shows iTunes NowPlaying in Notification Center

Cool. I'll have to try this so I can finally see the Notification Center in action.

Though I preferred the Dock notification that Lion had.

Though I preferred the Dock notification that Lion had.

Yeah, it's a shame that doesn't work anymore. Didn't expect otherwise though, a shame nonetheless.

The biggest thing I want is for them to make it have a smaller footprint. If that means splitting the functionality up into separate apps, I'm okay with that.

If they're trying to merge portions of OS X with iOS, then that would be the way to go.

Seriously, they need a media organizer / store front in one app, and a player like VLC in another.

Also I wouldn't mind if I never saw the word "Ping" ever again.

Also I wouldn't mind if I never saw the word "Ping" ever again.

Apple will ax that feature in iTunes 11. Expect it to be replaced by Twitter and/or Facebook instead though.

I made a Terminal theme that closely matches OS X Lion / OS X Mountain Lion's Quick Look window. Nothing special, but I thought I'd share it with you guys. Import the profile by going to Preferences > Settings > In the lower left of the window you'll see a gear symbol, press it > Select "Import..." and select the Pro '12 theme.

post-128385-0-64572200-1344366216_thumb.

Pro '12.terminal.zip