Do you like the Windows 8 logo?

197 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the Windows 8 logo?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • It could be ok with the following adjustments (specify below):

No, not at all. I like Segoe UI font and its WP variation. But that cross thing there reminds me more of the flag of Finland (or Denmark... Sweden or Norway). I was comfortable enough with the usual flag with removed shading, glow and crap, on a dark background, as seen in the Developer Preview. I had hoped it will stay there. :(

reelv.png

As others have pointed out, that's a logo I like. I've got it set as the start orb in my desktop right now. To put it bluntly, the new logo is a steaming pile of crap.*

*Does not represent the opinions of Neowin.net :p

• Like 2

It's a logo, nothing special, don't get all the hate people, not like you will be looking at it all day or something like that, get over yourselves

Wouldnt be surprised that some will say this is the reason they wont buy Windows 8. Ridiculous.... :/

It's just a logo...

Wrong, Its about a company and its iconic image for what has been used since 3.0. Why step away from the flag/colors that has been used since the early dys of 3.0. Don't fix these windows if they're not broken.

In my humble opinion, it just need more work... For example something that let it appears like moving or standing in a 3D space, but hey, it is just me!

BTW, I prefer the original Windows logo over this one for the moment

I quite like it. Much better than the XP variation.

Although those who say it's rubbish, I challenge them to make one that is better.

And yes, the MS Store one looks as bad as it did when they first made it.

I'd need to see it in context to really come to some sort of proper conclusion personally. I do think Microsoft need to make the logo match the simplistic and elegant UI Metro is. I don't know about the angle of the 4 "windows" to the left of the branding name, perhaps. Then again the logo looks a bit fuzzy that Microsoft detailed in their blog.

Here is my twist on it

Windows-8-Logo.png

That looks pretty cool :). Although Microsoft wouldn't likely use a colour theme like that anyway. Looks cool though :).