Atlanta Thrashers player dead at 25

Atlanta Thrashers center Dan Snyder has died tonight as a result of a car wreck last monday evening. the car was a ferrari driven by teammate dany heatley. Heatley was said to have been driving around 80 mph in a 35 mph zone when the car hit a brick pillar and split in half. heatley was left with several injuries including a broken jaw and torn ACL and MCL. Snyder had severe head trauma and had been in a coma since the wreck. He never regained consciousness after the wreck. This is a sad day for the hockey world. :(

read the nhl.com release here

That sucks, but didn't they say ( i think i saw this reading the paper ) that the driver was drinking?

yes they believe he had been drinking. they are still waiting on the results of a breathalyzer test or something though

yes they believe he had been drinking. they are still waiting on the results of a breathalyzer test or something though

ah ok thanks for that.

I hope he Burns in hell for killing his team mate like that, if he was drinking

Ignore the issue about drinking, heatley killed a person who he is responible is in his Motor Vehical, for that the charges now will include Vehicular Homicide.

Forget the charges. He's going to be living this psychologically for the rest of his life.

Atlanta do the right thing, and Retire #37.

Ignore the issue about drinking, heatley killed a person who he is responible is in his Motor Vehical, for that the charges now will include Vehicular Homicide.

Forget the charges. He's going to be living this psychologically for the rest of his life.

Atlanta do the right thing, and Retire #37.

vehicular homicide along with reckless driving, speeding, possibly a DUI.. heatley fuked up big time here.. and he had/has such a bright future, as did snyder.. but heatley especially.. what a shame for both of these guys..

and yes atlanta needs to retire #37, no one else needs to wear that number after this

If Snyder had been wearing his seatbelt he would most likely be alive.

hitting a brick pillar at 80 mph in an aluminium car is still a tough one to survive, seatbelt or not

Seeing the pics of his crashed Ferrari 360 Modena, the crash was so bad. I feel so bad about the car too, too good to waste such an exotic car. My condolence to his family :(