Atlanta Thrashers player dead at 25

Heatley just messed up his career, not to mention his life.

But, more importantly, Dan Synder died a tragic death. I've heard he was fun to watch and also had a bright future... Sad it had to end this way for him.

RIP Dan Synder

whats the EA Sports curse?

i think its mainly football... whoever is on the cover of the madden games always seems to get hurt.. heatley was on the cover of EAs hockey title this year

:cry: so young too :(

yes and with so much potential.. coming off a 40 goal season and an allstar appearence, won all star game mvp even. now hes probably gonna miss this entire year, and then he may be facing jail time after that.. and then hes got to live with that all his life, killing a team mate and friend.. like everyone else, i feel for him as a person, but as an atlanta thrashers fan, its a damn shame, hopes were so high going into this season

If Snyder had been wearing his seatbelt he would most likely be alive.

Well the car was ripped in half. I'm sure a seatbelt could have dealt different results, but they would have both been seriously injured if not killed whether a belt was used or not

They were both incredible hockey players. So young with so much potential. May Snyder R.I.P. and though the death may be Heatley's fault, may he make a swift recovery and deal with this in the best possible way. We don't need to lose another person to this tragedy.

Ruining a Ferrari is one thing. To ruin two lives is devestating, especially those so young and talented.

Snyder was considered to be a very good up and coming player. He was at the top of the list of many scouts as being one of the next great players in the NHL, possibly a solid second line center for the Thrashers eventually, he hadn't even played a full season yet, a tragedy.

Heatley, by far, was gonna become a superstar, possible 50+ goal seasons in the future, multimillionare, but now, who knows, the judge may let him go with his mind in a daze, who knows, Snyder's family probably has some say in that, but it's gonna be tough for Heatley.

Snyder was considered to be a very good up and coming player. He was at the top of the list of many scouts as being one of the next great players in the NHL, possibly a solid second line center for the Thrashers eventually, he hadn't even played a full season yet, a tragedy.

Heatley, by far, was gonna become a superstar, possible 50+ goal seasons in the future, multimillionare, but now, who knows, the judge may let him go with his mind in a daze, who knows, Snyder's family probably has some say in that, but it's gonna be tough for Heatley.

Heatley and Snyder were best friends... I'm not sure how Snyder's family will react. I think they were both probably enjoying the moment in the Ferarri, though, to be honest. But that's just what I think.

wow i just found out this evening that Snyder's hometown was Elmira, Ontario. Thats about 20 mins from me and was where I lived for the first 8 years of my life.

wow i just found out this evening that Snyder's hometown was Elmira, Ontario. Thats about 20 mins from me and was where I lived for the first 8 years of my life.

wow and he was your age you said too.. maybe you went to school with him..

I am a Blues fan but also a hockey fan in general. I feel for both families with regards to the accident. The pictures really bring home how horrible that accident must have been. Its amazing that either one of them made it through that.

It would be a class act to retire Snyders jersey...I hope Atlanta does the right thing.