iOS 5.1 out March 7 as well

Just hit my iPad auto update, not doing it till I get home though

Would be nice to have some battery issues fixed and maybe an FB integration and some overal performance and stability/security issues fixed.

Definately. My battery life on my iPad2 went from roughly 10 hours down to about 6-7 hours after I installed iOS 5. Hope they've fixed that with 5.1

Definately. My battery life on my iPad2 went from roughly 10 hours down to about 6-7 hours after I installed iOS 5. Hope they've fixed that with 5.1

I had the same issue but found that it was related to auto-downloading content for newstand.

My iPhone 4 won't update. Whenever I tap on Software Update it just says 'Cannot check for updates at this time' and if I try to update using my iTunes 10.6 on my Mac, it either says it cannot connect to the iPhone update server or it tries to connect but won't! I can't even download it from the Apple servers!

I had the connection problem before I updated to iTunes 10.6 but my iPod Touch 3G is updating now after the 10.6 upgrade.

I had the connection problem before I updated to iTunes 10.6 but my iPod Touch 3G is updating now after the 10.6 upgrade.

It won't even download OTA on my iPhone! Maybe the servers are getting hammered, but its odd as i've never experienced this before.

Even this link doesn't work: iPhone 4 (GSM)

It won't even download OTA on my iPhone! Maybe the servers are getting hammered, but its odd as i've never experienced this before.

Even this link doesn't work: iPhone 4 (GSM)

That's odd. I also hadn't experienced it before either but I can connect to their servers now no problem after the 10.6 upgrade.

did you upgrade from a previous phone version?

i had to go and re-select the alert tones and that fixed it for me - persistent across reboots

This stutter happens on my new 4S and sister's 4 as well.

I'm using iOS 5.1 now and it's whipping along. I'd forgotten how quick my iPhone was since iOS 5. It was always a little slow. But 5.1 seems to have sorted it :)