Half Life 2 Beta leaked?

I'm no angel, but this is very sad.  Valve has been busting their asses for four years on this game, and these ****ing ###### go and do this...:(

Welcome to the "scene".

Fast and First is always best. They couldn't give 2 ****s that they leaked some 4 years of hard work. think of other sofware companies that have worked even harder than this.

I for one love all the buzz about the game. "Leaked" doesn't always mean stolen.

Edited by SwankyPimp

Considering that multiplayer is what has driven the original Half Life for this long a time, a leak isnt gonna kill them. You'll still have to buy a legit copy to play multiplayer, which is where HL has always shined.

It is really going to screw sales especially if the game is delayed... Theya re going to have to rush it if they dont want too much loss. I mean givin how many people jsut d/l games...Not that i do as my computer is a 666 with 20 gigs :(... It is jsut going to be a really big setback.

Edit: people posting quickly..I didnt have no. 1 i used a friends cd key :)

So,

Does anyone know how this plays on current systems yet?

Does it run anything like/better than Halo?

Does it run anything like Doom3 alpha?

Welcome to the "scene".

Fast and First is always best. They couldn't give 2 ****s that they leaked some 4 years of hard work. think of other sofware companies that have worked even harder than this.

I for one love all the buzz about the game. "Leaked" doesn't always mean stolen.

Er.. except in this case it WAS stolen.

You know.. all the VALVe hack stories in the past few weeks and all that? :rolleyes:

Beta Confirmed (as such)

As most of you in IRC and on the forums already know, a pre-release version of Half-Life 2 has found its way onto Peer-to-peer, IRC, and web warez networks around the globe. We can confirm that this is legitimate, there are simply no doubts about the authenticity of this release.

We ask all of our participants of our community, both in our IRC channel (irc.quakenet.org #halflife2) and our forum, to remain as sensible and calm about the situation as possible. We will not hesitate to ban users posting screenshots of the source, where to get the source, code from the source, the file name of the Half-Life 2 pre-release, where to get the pre-release or any content remotely similar to this likeness.

If you do insist on discussing the pre-release (in an appropriate, and legal manner), we would prefer you do it in our IRC channel (irc.quakenet.org #halflife2) rather than in our forums, for moderation related reasons.

http://www.halflife2.net/

I stand with leebobs about the posting stuff (I do see a lot of STFU posts in l4m3r forums (on other websites of course) jesse*kuch*)

They said 30th September (my birthday :cry: ) and they lost, like the rest.. (exept for Blizzard - when it's done it's done and j00 get the best - )

So they got picked on - live with it - they let a whole lot of people down and now they get put down - don't cry and don't make excuses

I wouldn't delay it more because when it comes people will play/buy their game..

otherwise IMHO they can cram it up theire a**

:ninja:

Whats with all the whining? So the beta is leaked.. If you dont like it then tough. Its not going to affect sales. Its not going to affect release date (although it will undoubtedly be blamed for one) The people who will buy it will still buy it, the people who weren't going to buy it still won't.

--WeeJames

Isn't this gonna be giving creamhackered a bit of excess heat? Surely they'd love to nail anyone even with copies of this, let alone the people who leaked it?

More like a headache :)

Whats with all the whining?  So the beta is leaked..  If you dont like it then tough.  Its not going to affect sales.  Its not going to affect release date (although it will undoubtedly be blamed for one) The people who will buy it will still buy it, the people who weren't going to buy it still won't.

--WeeJames

Agreed (Y)

Me thinks they should have hacked 3D Realms to actually see if those guys are working on DNF or ummmmmmm, lol :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :rolleyes:

DNF in NASCAR means "Did Not Finish" hahahahaa so apropos

you guys should be ashamed for even downloading and showing the screenshots nomatter how exclusive it is. this is one of the very few games you actually want to buy instead of warez and your downloading and seeing it which is not a good way to do

i'd say it's real. just by the logic in the .nfo file, if you're gonna steal the sourcecode, why not the game too?

either that or someone went through way too much trouble for a laugh. and to push back the game as punishment is kinda lame. only one (or a handful of people) stole the stuff, and that was valves fault anyway (or MS's, depending on how you look at it), why punish everyone?

Indeed.. those people bitching about the delay, I think the fact everyone is messing around with stolen source code and beta versions of the game is why there is such a delay. Doesn't it seem so odd that they got about 2 weeks before release before delaying the game?? About the same time they realised they had been hacked.

I dont mind how long it takes em to get this patched up. I'll wait patiently for HL2 to hit the shops.

I think it's the other way around. Now, I'm not accusing Valve of leaking it's own code nor condone what has occured in the past couple of days but I do believe that this has become a scapegoat for them.

Do you not find it fishy that the only real press on the game for the past couple of months were some videos that were shot back in May at a trade show? Do you not find it odd that not one game publication/website has had any sort of shot at a preview of the game? Is it not a little bit suspicious that even before the source/beta was stolen on 9/11 (just barely 2 weeks prior to release) that there was no confirmation as to whether the game will be making its intended release date?

Considering the claims from Valve that the game was nearly finished, why neglect to do any of the above. Though I'm sure it's part of the reason, I highly doubt that the stolen source is the only reason that the game will be pushed back for 6 months.

That's my two cents. Quite frankly, Valve could have avoided most of the fiasco that is surronding it's game if there were a little bit more honest in the marketing side. Since they now have a 6 month window to release the game, perhaps Doug and company should attend some workshops on how to better market something to it's attended audience.

seems i'm the only one who doesn't know where to get it

btw... I stand next to you on that! I have no sweet clue where to find it, IRC channels are flooded for the Que right now so.... :sleep:

See you on the shelfs HL2-- :pinch:

I forsee a massive decline in the # of sales for valve...lo0l

Valve CEO = :argh:

why? ppl who were going to buy it will still buy it and ppl who were going to warez it will still warez it. this isn't gonna make any difference

btw... I stand next to you on that! I have no sweet clue where to find it, IRC channels are flooded for the Que right now so.... :sleep:

See you on the shelfs HL2-- :pinch:

:laugh: haha, well i'm sure it will be on the edonkey network and bittorrent by the time i get home from work so ;)