Apple's iPad event - March 2012

"It's 2048 x 1536, sure enough. That's 3.1 million pixels. "The most ever in a mobile device."

Sorry, Phil, but I've got a ThinkPad T60 here with 2048x1536 QXVGA resolution and I've had it for about 5 years now.

Apple, once again behind the curve and claiming credit for stuff that's existed for years... what a bunch of maroons. :/

It's 2048 x 1536, sure enough. That's 3.1 million pixels. "The most ever in a mobile device."

A5X processor is confirmed, quad-core graphics!

Sorry, Phil, but I've got a ThinkPad T60 here with 2048x1536 QXVGA resolution and I've had it for about 5 years now.

Apple, once again behind the curve and claiming credit for stuff that's existed for years... what a bunch of maroons. :/

Phil said "mobile device". That's a phone/tablet not a notebook.

Comparing to a Tegra 3, Apple says the A5 is "twice as fast" and the A5X offers "four times the? performance." Not sure of the benchmark here, folks.

Phil said "mobile device". That's a phone/tablet not a notebook.

Sorry, wrong answer. If you believe notebooks and laptops aren't mobile devices, you've got bigger problems.

Still bored so far, not trolling but i'm waiting for something super exciting to pop! So far it's kinda like ok, retina display, ok cool (Y) but i need more excitment!

5-megapixel backside illuminated sensor on the back, 5-element lens, IR filter, and ISP built into ?the A5X chip.

Auto-exposure, auto-focus, we're looking at pictures from the beach.

apple-ipad-3-ipad-hd-liveblog-2969.jpg

Third feature: 1080p video recording. No big shocker there. "Wherever you are, you want to grab a? video for work or play or school you've got a great camera to grab that with."

Fourth feature: voice dictation.

"The iPad like all great iOS devices has a great keyboard and now you'll see there's a new key on the bottom: a microphone."

At bit of a let down.... 5mpixels camera, same as the iPhone 4S... Was hopping for better...!!!

If the images aren't that noisy then perhaps it's not so bad. Hoping for a much better improvement than the existing camera on the iPad/2.

But is it a touch screen, and is it a tablet?

Now, Vimeo on both players, looking at BIRD film.

It's buffering hugely quickly on LTE, no shocker there. Birds are eating seeds, walking about.