Apple's iPad event - March 2012

Although elementary it's genius how they stuck with dual cores but boasted on graphics

That's the way high-end graphics have been for years.

You can create paintings in SketchBook Pro and import them here to draw upon. On the left menu there? are drawing styles, on the right inks.

There's a new engine for ink that "takes advantage of the incredible graphics power of iPad."

It's resolution independent, so zoom in as far as you like, the flower he's drawing stays clean.

Can export images greater than 100 megapixels!

apple-ipad-3-ipad-hd-liveblog-3031.jpg

Available in April, exclusive on iOS.

"Retina display is luscious. It takes it to the next level and creates an immersive environment.? Professionals and everyday artists are going to love this device."

About the quad core graphics... would it happen to be the same GPU as the PS Vita (SGX543MP4+)? So essentially the iPhone 4S's GPU's quad core brother.

what do they mean by quad core graphics. it's not a quad cpu? i though all these portable devices had like "apus" going on where the cpu did both?

so what is the difference between this and a tegra 2/3 hardware devices?

Honestly all of the high end specs in the world cannot make up the fact virtual analog sticks suck for gaming, which is the main reason I purchased an iPad 2. I know controllers can be hooked up to it, but then that kind of defeats the whole purpose of having a mobile device now doesn't it?

Also, I wonder if any of the games are actually the native resolution. A high end graphics card in a desktop would have issues pushing out that resolution natively, so I have to imagine the games are being up-scaled.

I agree, it's the only thing keeping me from buying one for sure

You're on a quest to craft the "ultimate weapon" -- the Infinity Blade.

apple-ipad-3-ipad-hd-liveblog-3032.jpg

apple-ipad-3-ipad-hd-liveblog-3033.jpg

We have HDR graphics and tone-mapping. Looks of beautiful lighting and action.

It's definitely a step up from the current Infinity Blade. With a you can connect enemies for a chain-attack.

He's saying this has more memory or screen resolution than either the Xbox 360 or the PS3.

"The Unreal engine is unleashing the power of the new iPad."

10:53AM - ?This new device has more memory and higher screen resolution than an Xbox 360 or PS3.? Hmm, interesting way of looking at it.

LOL: Here's something from Gizmodo: :rofl:

Posted at 01:55 pm by Brian Barrett

BUT CAN YOU PLAY HALO ON IT? NO.

(Y)

apple-ipad-3-ipad-hd-liveblog-3035.jpg

apple-ipad-3-ipad-hd-liveblog-3037.jpg

And, by the way, this is just "new iPad." So much for the iPad HD talk...

And we're being attacked by a big, ugly fire-breathing spider... aww, end of demo. I hate? cliffhangers!

There'll be a new crafting system, dungeon crafting. "It's only going to look like this and play ?like this on the new iPad."

Coming soon!

10:53AM - ?This new device has more memory and higher screen resolution than an Xbox 360 or PS3.? Hmm, interesting way of looking at it.

Beat you :p

iWork will let you create "stunning" creations. $9.99 each still, free update if you've already purchased.

apple-ipad-3-ipad-hd-liveblog-3040.jpg

apple-ipad-3-ipad-hd-liveblog-3042.jpg

LOL at GarageBand. You can link up to four iPads and literally play as a band.

Schiller says the guitar player should've smashed his iPad. xD

I'm waiting for the "One more thing..."

It's called the iPad 3.

Nice (as expected) updates but haven't seen anything that matches what Tim says, "We are redefining the category that Apple created with the original iPad."

So : Retina Display, better iSight, better GPU (same dual core CPU but Quad-GPU) and 4G/LTE.

It's evolution.... But since I'm using the iPad 1, this will be a good upgrade!!!