Logo

Question

I'm very new here and just wondered in this forum for a look around. I've been trying to design a logo for my site for a while but this sort of stuff is just not my strong point. If anyone would like to make a logo for my site http://www.certforums.co.uk I would really appreciate it. If it could be preferably transparent and the same slogan text used that would be great.

Thanks in advance :D

SiFor

I'll try a different font for the word Cert for the second sample; I suppose something a little thicker. At any rate, I Know Lezend mentioned the size, but in all actuality that is easily changed and really depends on your perspective. Is there anything specific you want to see changed beyond the font for the word CERT? Just keep in mind that my time is limited, so you need to be specific with your requests... (or take what you can get :)). I'll get something posted soon.

Mwilson and Lezend, this is not a slagging match against each other's work. You both have excellent work and definately have created excellent Headers worth a lot of ?'s maybe? But we all have to add constructive critisism, from this we learn from our mistakes and then we can improve. MWilson I agree that your time is limited as also mine is with Network Administration, work, website and game programming. But it is completely upto you for you to do graphics on Neowin and you are not forced to enter Neowin and help people out. It is completely voluntry.

I am not having a go, just teaching everyone a lesson.

Thanks for reading.

JMann ;))

mwilson

I dont think I know exactly what I want (sounds dumb I know) thats really why I posted here. I like what you did with the logo, the second down in your previos thread is really good. If I could have the file maybe I could play around with things.

To try and be more spacific its the text now that I'd like done with a fresh but styleish design. I like what Lezend did for the mobile@home thread, that design was really good. Sorry to be a pain in the ass with this but if I could do it I would. If you dont feel its worth your efforts then I understand.

Thanks again, SiFor

not a slagging match...

you are not forced...

I didn't slag anyone's work! I never even made a single comment about Lezend's work; good or bad. I understand what you are trying to say, but in all actuality I was just trying to contribute and alternative and I wasn't looking for a critique from anyone. If you like it great; if you don't like it that's ok too. I'm also willing to make changes if I have time... no biggie. I am certainly not trying to please anyone other than the person making the request. I could say allot about how I don't like the header Lezend made, but I didn't because it doesn't matter what I think about his work.

All I meant by "my time is limited" is that I can't go back and forth on the header to no end... who said anything about being forced into helping? You are reading way to much into my posts.

This is why people who like to contribute, don't. All of this was completely unnecessary.

Thanks, I'm gona have a play around with it in a couple of weeks when I get back from my holiday. You've done alot of work here for the hell of it so thank you. I'll let you know what I come up with in the end.

SiFor :)

Why? MWilson and Lezend could probably make one as good as you, (no ofense) and 250 dollars, crikey! I think MWilson is considering to do it for FREE!!

Pointless.

JMann

No more odd than someone wanting someone else to do free work for them.. :crazy: Only fools and amatuers give away thier work for free. :whistle:

But, hey, I don't want an argument about it. If you can get someone to do work for you for free, more power to you...

Edited by notsobetter

Yes, but we love to help. As you said, lets not get in a argument about it. Also yes, we could offer money. But isn't this all just for fun!

A way to spend Leisure time... ;)

JMann.

No more odd than someone wanting someone else to do free work for them.. :crazy: Only fools and amatuers give away thier work for free. :whistle:

But, hey, I don't want an argument about it. If you can get someone to do work for you for free, more power to you...

I'm no fool and I'm no amateur; I have been doing graphics professionally for over 10 years. We happen to enjoy helping others and certainly don't need your approval. Please keep your childish and rude comments to yourself.

I'm no fool and I'm no amateur; I have been doing graphics professionally for over 10 years. We happen to enjoy helping others and certainly don't need your approval. Please keep your childish and rude comments to yourself.

:D :laugh: :woot:

And personally, if I had to choose, Lezends (page 4) is far more precise for what his site is trying to appeal to. Yours looks more like a winter wonderland theme. But hey, Pro's can take the critisism right?

Edited by notsobetter