Honestly, GTA IV for the PC was fine. The game is more than playable, and it's only at certain parts of Gay Tony that the engine starts to choke a bit.

Well, it was alright for my 4-year-old desktop. My laptop struggles a lot.

I don't have a DX11 video card so I obviously won't benefit from the DX11 features.

Damn, brother, 2.5 years. I'd tell you to upgrade already if I actually cared :huh:

Damn, brother, 2.5 years. I'd tell you to upgrade already if I actually cared :huh:

Still rockin' a 8800 GT. I'll only upgrade when something becomes Slideshow City at 1280x1024. ;)

(well, there's also me wanting to prove a point about longevity of PC hardware)

• Like 2

Well hey I'd definately recommend the upgrade at any rate, especially now that DX11 games are actually coming out somewhat regularly.

And now I'm going to go continue attempting to wake up.

Honestly, GTA IV for the PC was fine. The game is more than playable, and it's only at certain parts of Gay Tony that the engine starts to choke a bit.

Well, it was alright for my 4-year-old desktop. My laptop struggles a lot.

It's been awhile since I last played but I remember reading about a couple of patches that greatly improved the game's performance. If I'm bored one day, I'll re-download the game on Steam.

I've had my Radeon HD 4870 for 3 years and 7 months. I came close to buying another HD 4870 but my PSU didn't support it. I guess it's time I upgraded but I still feel that my video card can handle most games at 1680x1050. I'll upgrade if it's asbolutely necessary though. For example, if my games run at 10 FPS on medium settings.

For now, the performance I get is adequate and I see no reason to upgrade just for DX11. A lot of games right now don't even have proper DX11 support and the ones that do are buggy (e.g. Batman: Arkham City). I hope Max Payne 3 sets a new bar for image quality. Maybe then, I'll upgrade. :p

Arkham City was patched up though and works (and looks) great! I never used the DX9 version despite some people claiming it was a necessity. (Even smoother in Win8, but thats another topic entirely.)

I expect 2013 on will have very little for DX9 only games from major publishers, what with MSes XP support dropping in 2014.

Anyway, no skin off my back either way obviously :) I skipped from the 4850 to the 6870 myself.

I found the article yay.gifbiggrin.gif

PC version 'not a port'. Supports DX11, Tessellation and 3D

Today, we're proud to announce that Max Payne 3 - the new dark, gritty action experience that continues the tale of former New York City detective Max Payne and is sure to satisfy both newcomers and veterans to the historic franchise alike - is expected to launch on the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC in March 2012 in North America and Europe.

Still haunted by the memories of his traumatic past, Max begins a new life working private security protecting a wealthy industrialist and his family in Sao Paulo, Brazil. When gangs target the family under his protection, Max is forced to fight to save his clients and clear his name, in a bid to, once and for all, rid himself of the demons that have tortured him for far too long.

A true cross-studio collaboration between Rockstar Games? global development teams that picks up from where series creator Remedy Entertainment's Max Payne 2 left off, Max Payne 3 utilizes cutting edge technology for a seamless, cinematic action experience, incorporating the latest advances in Natural Motion physics as well as a brand new iteration of the Rockstar Advanced Game Engine, resulting in highly-refined gameplay with an extensive range of realistic weaponry, an intelligent cover system and sophisticated Bullet-Time mechanics.

In addition to an expansive single-player campaign, Max Payne 3 will also be the first entry in the series to introduce a thorough and engrossing multiplayer experience. In a unique twist, Max Payne 3 multiplayer delivers a compelling experience that dynamically alters maps and mode progression for all players in a match. Along with traditional multiplayer modes, Max Payne 3 will also include a deep reward and leveling system, persistent clans and multiple strategic load-out options.

• 2 weeks later...

Rockstar Games not keen on offering pre-release trial period for upcoming third-person action shooter.

Gamers won't get to try out Max Payne 3 before its release next month, as developer Rockstar Games has said it has no plans to offer a demo for the upcoming third-person action shooter.

Responding to a query on Twitter, the official Rockstar Games account simply stated: "There are no plans for a demo of Max Payne 3."

Max Payne 3 is slated to arrive for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in North America on May 15, with a European release slated for May 18. A PC version will follow on May 29 in North America and June 1 in Europe.

I don't think this is going to be any good, I've been reading on twitter and forums from people who went to PAX that the gunplay is all wrong, it feels off and is imprecise.

Rockstar Games not keen on offering pre-release trial period for upcoming third-person action shooter.

Gamers won't get to try out Max Payne 3 before its release next month, as developer Rockstar Games has said it has no plans to offer a demo for the upcoming third-person action shooter.

Responding to a query on Twitter, the official Rockstar Games account simply stated: "There are no plans for a demo of Max Payne 3."

Max Payne 3 is slated to arrive for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in North America on May 15, with a European release slated for May 18. A PC version will follow on May 29 in North America and June 1 in Europe.

There was actually a demo this weekend at PAX East in Boston. Unfortunately the line to play the demo was over 3 hours everyday, so I did not get a chance to play it. They were very secure about closing down the booth area so that photos and videos could not be taken. Here is a picture of the booth:

photo.JPG

if batman AC looks and plays that good.

I want MP3 to perform close by.. if Rockstar games are an indication its going to be hard..

I had to apply a special parameter to run LA Noire perfectly. But it was far better than GTA4.. as MP3 is linear it should actually make up for it.

I pre-ordered the game from Amazon last night for my PS3. Really looking forward to it for the SP, and I am starting to think the MP may wind up being a nice little diversion.

• 2 weeks later...

Minimum requirements:

Windows 7 32/64 Service Pack 1, Windows Vista 32/64 Service Pack 2, Windows XP 32/64 Service Pack 3

Intel Dual Core 2.4 GHZ or AMD Dual Core 2.6 GHZ processor

2GB of RAM

NVIDIA 8600 GT 512MB VRAM or Radeon HD 3400 512MB VRAM video card

100% Direct X 9.0 compatible sound card

35 GB of hard drive space

Optimal requirements:

Windows 7 32/64 Service Pack 1, Windows Vista 32/64 Service Pack 2, Windows XP 32/64 Service Pack 3

Intel i7 3930K 6 Core x 3.06 GHZ or AMD FX8150 8 Core x 3.6 GHZ processor

16GB of RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 2GB VRAM or Radeon HD 7970 3GB VRAM video card

Direct X 9.0 compatible sound card supporting Dolby Digital Live

Damn, 35 GB is a lot for required space. GTA IV's hard drive requirement is 16 GB. They must be using a lot of high quality assets in the PC version.

What in the hell is wrong with the optimal requirements....

Rockstar have simple lost their minds... if these are the actual requirements

They keyword is "optimal" which is a synonym for "best". I'm sure the recommended requirements, should they officially exist, would be lower.

Minimum requirements:

Intel Dual Core 2.4 GHZ or AMD Dual Core 2.6 GHZ processor

2GB of RAM

NVIDIA 8600 GT 512MB VRAM or Radeon HD 3400 512MB VRAM video card

100% Direct X 9.0 compatible sound card

Optimal requirements:

Intel i7 3930K 6 Core x 3.06 GHZ or AMD FX8150 8 Core x 3.6 GHZ processor

16GB of RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 2GB VRAM or Radeon HD 7970 3GB VRAM video card

Direct X 9.0 compatible sound card supporting Dolby Digital Live

So now it means to be a gamer you need to have $2000+ PC and less of skills? What the heck is happening to Gaming on PCs!? A game which runs so good on Xbox needs like a super computer to run on a PC. Apparently games are taking a lot of horsepower than they are supposed to.

Ok that sounds like some heavy ****. Let me break down what this is saying before every PC owner throws his arms in the air while saying, "Why do we even bother?"

The Max Payne 3 minimum system requirements basically look like a Console. The game is going to run on consoles so it is fair to say that with adjustment a five year old machine will probably be able to run this game.

I have changed the Max Payne 3 Recommended System Requirements to read Max Payne 3 Max System Requirements. As you may know these system components are the top hardware on the market at the moment. By adding these as plausible requirements the developers are basically saying Max Payne 3 will be able to make use of all hardware currently available. This means that PC owners will be able to adjust in game settings to a level that is best for their particular hardware. Remember BF3 everyone? Despite its huge requirements it scaled nicely and delivered most modern PC owners an experience that looks stunning with a few tweaks regardless of their rig.

http://www.game-deba...Max%20Payne%203

edit:

Developed in parallel with the game's console versions, Max Payne 3 for PC supports DirectX11 including tessellation, as well as a number of additional advanced graphics options and is optimized to run across a wide range of PC setups.

Max Payne 3 PC System Specifications

Operating System:

Processor:

Intel Dual Core 2.4 GHZ - i7 3930K 6 Core x 3.06 GHZ / AMD Dual Core 2.6 GHZ - FX8150 8 Core x 3.6 GHZ

RAM:

2GB - 16GB

Video Card:

NVIDIA? 8600 GT 512MB VRAM ? NVIDIA? GeForce? GTX 680 2GB VRAM / Radeon HD 3400 512MB VRAM - Radeon HD 7970 3GB VRAM

Sound Card:

100% Direct X 9.0 compatible ? Direct X 9.0 compatible supporting Dolby Digital Live

HDD Space:

35 GB

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/28201/max-payne-3-for-pc-new-screens-and-details-including-system-spec.html