App to stop apps accessing the internet

Hi

Is there an app to stop apps accessing the internet? Google + has used 30Mb so far and considering I haven't opened it, I'd like to disable it.

Shame rooting won't allow me to uninstall it or the Galaxy Nexus doesn't give the option to hide it.

Thanks

Hi

Is there an app to stop apps accessing the internet? Google + has used 30Mb so far and considering I haven't opened it, I'd like to disable it.

Shame rooting won't allow me to uninstall it or the Galaxy Nexus doesn't give the option to hide it.

Thanks

Go in to Settings > Accounts & Sync > Select your Gmail account that the phone is linked too and untick Sync Google+ and Instant Upload

Hi

Thanks

I have a Nexus S with ICS and it allows me to disable almost any bundled application, including Google+. Go to Settings > Apps > "All" tab > Google+ > Disable. It'll disappear from the Launcher and won't run. I've also disabled the stock keyboard, Google Voice, Movie Studio, Voice Dialer and Voice Search.

try avast it has a firewall tool which can be used to disable internet access to any app completely.

it also has option to enable/disable internet via 3G/Wifi/Mobile Data.

Root needed for this functionality to work.

like others said try disabling instant upload and sync first

Or you could set the data limit seeing as you have a Galaxy Nexus like me and ICS has that function built in.

• 2 weeks later...

Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.

Click Security.

Click the Firewall tab.

Choose the third mode:

3. Set access for specific services and applications

Apple menu, on an Android device? Wow!

Apple menu, on an Android device? Wow!

Heh, I was thinking that too. I had to go back up to the top of the page to make sure I hadn't misunderstood something...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Thanks

You can uninstall it, ESPECIALLY if it's a G Nexus, you're doing something VERY wrong if you think you can't get rid of the app