Any Android phone as smooth as Windows Phone?

How come Android handset makers can't make it smooth out-of-the-box? Seems every Android handset MUST run custom/hacked/tweaked to be enjoyable to use. You would figure the phone companies would clue in to what people want.

How come Android handset makers can't make it smooth out-of-the-box? Seems every Android handset MUST run custom/hacked/tweaked to be enjoyable to use. You would figure the phone companies would clue in to what people want.

Sony can. 2011 devices are great, the 2012 series even better. My Xperia S is much faster than any other phone I've seen.

My android dualsim china phone after tweaking for days and fastest is my new ICS tablet*, damn thats smooth :D

*Also from china ofcourse since I like paying very low prices for my stuff :p

When I used Android the smoothest experience I had was with Zeam Launcher.

Too bad it seems it has been abandoned.

yeah it's quite bad but I suggest Nemus launcher if you want a more up to date launcher which is also very smooth ^^

Anything that is non-sense on a rom should run pretty smooth. Sense based roms have horrible performance overall.

Sense is way more smooth/fluid on my EVO 3D than stock Android.

Sense is way more smooth/fluid on my EVO 3D than stock Android.

Shame it looks so ugly. Fake plasticy gloss everywhere, horrible dated icons, no Sense of colour at all. Horribly ugly if you ask me.

Galaxy Nexus and Galaxy Note are smooth.

Dont really care about a little lag here and there. Every phone has it, including iPhone.

In my experience, WP7 is completely lag free. I've never felt as if the UI is struggling to keep up with me. Android simply can't compete in that department.

I'm running ZEAM on my phone and have 0 issues with it. Everything works perfectly I honestly don't know what else could be added. It may be different for ICS, but I am still running GB.

I'm running ZEAM on my phone and have 0 issues with it. Everything works perfectly I honestly don't know what else could be added. It may be different for ICS, but I am still running GB.

Nothing to add indeed, but there always room for improving performance and stability. While it was the best launcher for me it did crash once in a while.

Galaxy S II

Sunspider is higher than iPhone, smooth as butter in the UI. Ill never touch a crappy cripped iOS device, but im sure when WP hits up the dual cores itll be my next mobile OS. Specially when Win8 Tablets coming.

Nothing to add indeed, but there always room for improving performance and stability. While it was the best launcher for me it did crash once in a while.

Fair enough, I mean I haven't had any crashes, but yea if it's crashing I'm surprised it hasn't been fixed. I'm running the latest one from December.

I've got a Galaxy Nexus and it's smoother than my old iPhone was. I would not go back to the iOS experience now.

I've just installed the port of Sony Xperia S launcher from XDA-Developers on a Nexus S, and it's damn smooth. I was running stock ICS before and had zero complains about it, but for some reason this one feels faster.

Maybe it's just the different set of animations that give that impression :ermm: it's really nice anyway.

Problem with Android is, you can find a handful of launchers/apps that are well-optimized for smoothness, but that smoothness isn't system-wide. As soon as you go into another app or page the disjointed, unresponsive scrolling comes right back. That's assuming you can find a proper combination of hardware, software, and configuration tweaks in the first place that gives you the level of smoothness you want.

If smoothness is important for you, you might want to consider iOS or WP, because you're most likely to have to compromise on it with Android.

Any Xperia phone, go into settings, disable timescape which is annoying anyway imo. Smooth as a babies bottom. I've got the Neo and it's awesome. That new one looks ****ing sexy though.

Android interface is perfectly smooth on fast phones like the Galaxy S2 (I own one), the problem is third party interface additions done by Samsung and additional bloat added by carriers. You can get rid of this problem with many custom roms to choose from, I've never had one hiccup on my phone and I can't imagine any Windows phone being faster than my Android.

No issues on the Android phones i've used. I have a Droid 3 which is great, a friend has a Galaxy Nexus and I think it's even better than mine.

Those are just 2 examples of course. Don't go for the $79 phones though :p

I am extremely sensitive to UI lag on mobile devices for some reason. It's actually kind of an internal joke where I work....

My Droid X drives me bonkers with its frequent UI lag. My friend's Galaxy Nexus is usually buttery smooth, but still has those random glitches that feel like an IRQ for my brain. Task kill a few things (yes, I know the debate, SHUT UP) and it's smooth again. I very seldom experience lag on iOS or WP7 devices. *sigh* Still miss my Focus S.

Oh right... that said... for Gingerbread, I had the best luck with LauncherPro & ADW Launcher. For ICS, Apex Launcher's usually smooth.

what debate?

The use of task killers on android. I don't like automated killers, but I think Android still needs something to handle those random runaway processes. Manual task killers make it easier to quickly deal with it.

The use of task killers on android. I don't like automated killers, but I think Android still needs something to handle those random runaway processes. Manual task killers make it easier to quickly deal with it.

That's what i didnt like about android, those random processes. I moved away from android because the laginess and those little things.

I have a Galaxy S2 with ICS installed and it seems alright but my next phone will definitely be a Pure Google experience phone.