Your favorite audio cataloging/playing software.

Hey guys!

So I recently decided to make the jump back to a Windows machine for work purposes. It's been a while, and I've found that iTunes really doesn't cut it for me. I'm not an Apple hater, but it seems to be a little bloated. Even on my brand new i7 machine, it can be a bit laggy.

I was wondering, as far as iTunes alternatives, what do you guys use? I've always been a huge fan of iTunes' library function. would be great if I could find something that was stripped down to just the cataloging and playing capabilities. Does anyone happen to have any recommendations?

I remember using fubar a lot, but iirc, you had to more or less save your playlists every time or you'd lose them. It would be really awesome if I could find something that was the iTunes library/player, and thats it.

Thanks for your future recommendations, guys and gals!

I would recommend Foobar if you want a very good product for free, and are willing to spend a little time tweaking it to your delight. Otherwise, I would recommend JRiver Media Center. The audio quality from this program is awesome, especially if you have an audio card that supports WASAPI - Event Style or ASIO (which I have). It also is very customizable as far as your views and configuration are concerned. I have multiple libraries configured on it (one for MP3 audio, one for Lossless, and a Video Library). It opens very quickly.

I use iTunes, and I'm not necessarily proud of that. However, it is the application I am most familiar with and therefore I can't bring myself to change. The one key feature for me is the Album Grid. In the past it was no appeal for me but I have grown to love it over time.