Couple of shots with my new T2i

ROFL! I can hear it now! "Me Ow! Me Ow! I'll Be Back!" :D

Ok, thank you. I appreciate it. It may not be professional level results, but if they are great pictures, they will be well worth it! :)

Worth it for sure. You'll get a nice zoom to 55mm and nice wide shots @ 18mm. Nothin wrong with that one bit!

Worth it for sure. You'll get a nice zoom to 55mm and nice wide shots @ 18mm. Nothin wrong with that one bit!

Awesome! That's great news! I am new to digital photography, but it sounds like a lot of fun. I can't wait to try it!

Awesome! That's great news! I am new to digital photography, but it sounds like a lot of fun. I can't wait to try it!

Me too! I watched a lot of videos trying to learn but I'd say shooting is the best tutorials you can give yourself.

Me too! I watched a lot of videos trying to learn but I'd say shooting is the best tutorials you can give yourself.

Cool! Yeah, practice makes perfect, but I would like to make sure that I know about lining up shots, exposure, aparature, etc.... before trying to take pictures. I want to make sure that I am doing the right thing instead of wondering "why do these pictures look so terrible all of the time?" lol

Cool! Yeah, practice makes perfect, but I would like to make sure that I know about lining up shots, exposure, aparature, etc.... before trying to take pictures. I want to make sure that I am doing the right thing instead of wondering "why do these pictures look so terrible all of the time?" lol

I usually set my camera to Av/Tv mode, that way you only really have to worry about one or the other plus the ISO, but just remember higher ISO = more sensitive to light, but more grain.. it wont be perfect all the time, but it works.. manual focus is a pain if you dont get it spot on but.. auto focus exists for a reason!

I usually set my camera to Av/Tv mode, that way you only really have to worry about one or the other plus the ISO, but just remember higher ISO = more sensitive to light, but more grain.. it wont be perfect all the time, but it works.. manual focus is a pain if you dont get it spot on but.. auto focus exists for a reason!

What is different about AV/TV mode? Also, why do others recommend doing as much as possible manually then? I am confused. :s

What is different about AV/TV mode? Also, why do others recommend doing as much as possible manually then? I am confused. :s

Av = Aperture priority mode, you set the aperture that you want, and the camera will set the shutter speed for you. It's more of a convenience instead of having to figure it out and being either over exposed or under exposed. Sometimes it wont get it right, and you can adjust the exposure compensation to help.

Tv = Shutter priority. Same thing but in reverse.

Manual is going to be best of course, I try to use manual when I can, it's fun to figure out the values in certain lighting conditions. When I want to focus on something but not have it in the center of my shot, I use Auto-focus to get the focus of my object, then I turn off Auto-Focus and re-compose the shot the way I want it.

Av = Aperture priority mode, you set the aperture that you want, and the camera will set the shutter speed for you. It's more of a convenience instead of having to figure it out and being either over exposed or under exposed. Sometimes it wont get it right, and you can adjust the exposure compensation to help.

Tv = Shutter priority. Same thing but in reverse.

Manual is going to be best of course, I try to use manual when I can, it's fun to figure out the values in certain lighting conditions. When I want to focus on something but not have it in the center of my shot, I use Auto-focus to get the focus of my object, then I turn off Auto-Focus and re-compose the shot the way I want it.

Oh ok. That makes sense! Thank you!

Tips I have gotten for photography is use the manual mode and avoid the flash if you can. Hope that helps. :)

Avoid the pop-up flash on the camera for sure :p buying an external Canon Speedlite 430 EX II or 580 EX II would be the best choices.

Avoid the pop-up flash on the camera for sure :p buying an external Canon Speedlite 430 EX II or 580 EX II would be the best choices.

Well you just seem to get more lively colors when you don't use flash.

Thank you both for the tips. I appreciate it a lot. I will have to live with the existing flash for now if I need to use one though (until I can afford another one)

Great shots I personally have the T1i myself going on year #2 I so love that camera, just keep shooting it's not the camera that makes it photograph it's the person behind it...

• Like 1

Great shots I personally have the T1i myself going on year #2 I so love that camera, just keep shooting it's not the camera that makes it photograph it's the person behind it...

Thank you! I will definitely be taking some time studying the basics and then practicing. :)

Oh one question. The t1 is the eos 500d right?

that is correct, I got it for Xmas just when the T2i came out. Only update to it has been a EF-S lens 18mm-200mm F/3.4-5.6, kinda a min range lens for the cost and my learning curve, I couldn't go wrong

Thank you both for the tips. I appreciate it a lot. I will have to live with the existing flash for now if I need to use one though (until I can afford another one)

I've not had the need to use the pop-up flash yet. Although there might come a time.

This is true!

Well you just seem to get more lively colors when you don't use flash.

I just find it to be rather harsh for most situations, I'm sure a proper speedlite + softbox would be fantastic, if it was in the budget lol

I've not had the need to use the pop-up flash yet. Although there might come a time.

This is true!

I just find it to be rather harsh for most situations, I'm sure a proper speedlite + softbox would be fantastic, if it was in the budget lol

Thank you! I will be adding lenses, flashes, etc.... down the road for sure. :) I will get there. No problem at all. I just need to start with the basics is all. :)

Thank you! I will be adding lenses, flashes, etc.... down the road for sure. :) I will get there. No problem at all. I just need to start with the basics is all. :)

That's all I have too!

If that's the case, it appears that even the basics create great pictures then. That's awesome news!

Indeed it does! All i've got is the t2i body and 50mm lens..works amazing

Just picked up the T2i today myself. Have to say it is pretty nice. It came with the ef-s 18-55 IS II lens. Looking forward to take some video and pics of my kids