Lumia 900 selling out, still tops at Amazon

I read that The Lumina sold only 2 million all last quarter. The iPhone 4S sold 4 million in one day. Nokia has a long way to go.

It originally took the 1st iphone two and a half months to sell a million units, and it sold six million in a year. The lumia 800 sold a million units from November to December of last year, up to 2 million 800 and 710s between now and then, and now the 900 is selling like hotcakes. All told it looks as though Lumia's first year is going to beat the iPhone's first year. Stop comparing products in their infancy to products that have years of user base built up. How many people were trading in their iphone 4 for the 4s that went into that 4 million number?

No one expects iPhone like sales now but people need to put this into perspective. Nokia is releasing a new brand with the Lumia and it's their first big name phone release in the US in like, what? 20 years? If they sell 2 million 900s on AT&T that's a success in my book even if Apple sells 4 million in the same time frame.

Besides "last quarter" with regards to the 800 and 710, those phones were released towards the end of Q4, and they didn't have the whole quarter to sell. 2million in basically half of Q4 is solid. The 900 should boost Nokia till they come out with a WP8 model later this year which I will probably snap up if the price is right, and the color. Nokia, can I have a dark green Lumia WP8 phone plz?

Dark green? black ftw! :p

Glad to hear its selling well, definitely one of the better made handsets we've seen for WP and Nokia has backed it up with carrier partnership and a worldwide advertising spree.

Looking forward to the 900 rolling in Aus at some point, will be a tough call whether to get that or trust my (to this point) trusty Omnia 7 to carry me over till WP8

It's the color I like. Regardless more color choice is a plus, everyone and their dog has black, it's boring IMO. The cyan selling so well for the 900 is a clear indication of users wanting more than just black. It'll be interesting to see how magenta and white do next week when they also go up for sale.