What ROM for my SkyRocket?

I am trying to decide which ROM I should use for my SkyRocket. Right now, I am using the leaked AT&T ICS and is pretty much sucks. MMS crashes, Crappy Battery (9 hours), Apps Crash, music players crash constantly (tried the built in music, WinAmp and others..)InstraGram doesn't work, freezing, rebooting.

I have been doing some research and I'm ready to root and put on a new rom. I haven't used a custom rom since HTC EVO and that was a lot of fun. I believed I used a rom called "Damage Control", then I went on to use CM7 with it. It was a fun ROM.

Anyway, I'm sure there are a few SkyRocket users in here that have done fun things with theirs so if could share some advice that would be great!

I have been looking at this one,

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1589977

I am trying to decide which ROM I should use for my SkyRocket. Right now, I am using the leaked AT&T ICS and is pretty much sucks. MMS crashes, Crappy Battery (9 hours), Apps Crash, music players crash constantly (tried the built in music, WinAmp and others..)InstraGram doesn't work, freezing, rebooting.

I have been doing some research and I'm ready to root and put on a new rom. I haven't used a custom rom since HTC EVO and that was a lot of fun. I believed I used a rom called "Damage Control", then I went on to use CM7 with it. It was a fun ROM.

Anyway, I'm sure there are a few SkyRocket users in here that have done fun things with theirs so if could share some advice that would be great!

I have been looking at this one,

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1589977

I would just try a few to find one that you like/works for you. There were some ROMS people recommended to me that I tried and didnt like. Everyone has different tastes and personally, i never liked the MIUI ROMs as I fond them way to flashy and the OS was edited way to much to make the phone look like iOS (in some cases)

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply. After reading more, I think I would like to at least try it out. It just seems a lot more complicated than the old days.

I feel like a noob. I don't understand half the things in that post.

What do these two things mean?

-Deodexed -Zipaligned

Says I need to 3.Find Latest Sky Ics Update.zip

I looked around and couldn't find any file with that file name (I searched the thread)

I basically just want the Rom, ( a good kernel), and LTE working.

What is the best way to backup just my apps that are on my phone and restore them? Is titanium backup still good? Do I just need to backup my Apps and AppData?

Thanks for all the help

There's a ton of roms and not for all phones. I like MIUI roms too, organized, simpled, highly themeable and fast.

Right now I'm using ICS by Sandvold (I own a HTC Desire) which is a beta but pretty fast, have you considered a ICS rom if available?

Try CM7, MIUI, check xda, there's are tons of roms there (: