Clint Mansell & Kronos Quartet - Winter: Lux Aeterna (Dubstep Remix)

This is a remix of Lux Aeterna, a song by Clint Mansell for the 2000 movie Requiem for a Dream. More information about the song:

"Lux Aeterna" (Latin, Lux Aeterna: "the eternal light") is a composition by Clint Mansell, the leitmotif of a movie from 2000, Requiem for a Dream, and the penultimate piece in the Requiem for a Dream score. The popularity of this piece led to its use in popular culture outside the film, most notably in film and teaser trailers.

A version of the track was re-orchestrated with a choir and full orchestra for The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers trailer and was renamed "Requiem for a Tower". It was arranged by Simone Benyacar, Daniel Nielsen, and Veigar Margeirsson. Although never intended for release, after considerable demand by fans this piece was made available as part of the Requiem for a Tower album release from Corner Stone Cues. he Requiem for a Tower version served as the theme for Sky Sports' Gillette Soccer Saturday during 2008 and 2009.

The track gained some notoriety as it was cited by Anders Behring Breivik as being something he would play to help him prepare for the mass shooting on the Norwegian island of Ut?ya on 22nd July 2011.

If you have a subwoofer, all the better! The bass in this thing is legendary. Even the video is fantastic.

• 2 weeks later...
This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By Jay Bonggolto
      Instagram clones another key TikTok feature with 'Remix'
      by Jay Bonggolto

Instagram launched a TikTok-style function on its platform last year called Reels. The feature allows you to create videos spanning up to 15 seconds with audio and effects.

While Reels already has a bunch of features similar to those of TikTok, it's mimicking yet another key function of the video music app. The Facebook-owned service announced today a new capability in Reels called Remix.

Remix works like duet on TikTok. It is designed to let you create your own Reel that builds on an existing video from other users. This means you can record a clip next to another video as a sort of virtual collaboration. This capability is popular among TikTok users who like taking on dance challenges or responding to viral clips.

Instagram noted that Remix can help you capture your reaction to a video or collaborate with friends on the platform. To use the new feature, you can simply tap the three-dot menu on a clip and choose the “Remix this Reel” option. You can then create a Reel next to that video or upload a recorded clip.

The feature also provides some level of control. You can adjust the audio volume for the original clip or your own video and you can also add a voiceover. There are some editing tools as well like timer, effects, and speed.

Remix is available from today for new Reels and it's turned on by default. That said, you can also manually enable the feature for older clips.

• By Timi Cantisano
      Instagram adds a way to remix photos for more wacky fun
      by Timi Cantisano

It looks like Instagram is adding more new features to its app in an attempt to sway users from the competition and add them it is userbase that topped 500 million active users in September. Starting today, users will be able to "remix" photos from friends.

You might be asking what remixing a photo means and its simply just a way of saying that you can now add stickers, text, or drawings to a friend's photo and then share it back for a bit of added fun. In order to take advantage of this feature, you'll want to be updated to version 24 of the app on Android or iOS. When you view a photo from a friend, tap the camera icon at the bottom and start a reply. As mentioned before, you'll be able to add wacky additions and send it as a reply. You can see some examples of works in the image above.

Instagram has also added a feature that will allow users to control whether their message can be played once or replayed multiple times. By allowing a replay, the photo or video will loop infinitely and can be paused by tapping and holding the media. If you want to experience the new features, be sure to update to the latest version.

Source: Instagram via GSMArena

• By Timi Cantisano
      Jide's Android Marshmallow-based Remix OS for PCs receives update to version 3.0
      by Timi Cantisano

Jide's 'Remix OS' has hit version 3.0, bringing a wealth of new features to the Android Marshmallow-based OS for PCs.

If you are unfamiliar with Remix OS, don't worry, you aren't alone. The Android-based OS is a fairly new creation that started life in January of 2016. The OS is optimized to run on PC, and was built with speed and performance in mind. Naturally, it wouldn't be a PC optimized version of Android if it didn't make life easier on a PC. This is where Remix OS excels with features like multiple window support, taskbar, keyboard and mouse optimizations, and more.

While a majority of the aforementioned features were staples since version 2.0 - Jide has now optimized the features, like adding the ability to automatically resize windows, for an even better experience.

If you are curious to try the OS for yourself, be sure to hit the source link below. If you are looking for a safer alternative, the Chuwi Vi10 Plus that offers Remix OS natively, might be for you.

Source: Jide via 9to5Google

• By sathenzar
      So I bought a new pair of Astro A40s and I wanted to legally download free dubstep in aiff. I cant' find any anywhere :( I acutally can't find much music to listen to in aiff at all even if I wanted to pay for it, but I'd love to just try the headset out by listening to aiff files (I hear the quality is great). Anyone have any ideas? Preferably free legal downloads. I love dubstep.
    • By RevisionZero
      Just launched DI.FM for Windows 8 on the App Store. This is the first fully fledged Digitally Imported Radio client for Windows 8; as such I wanted to share with fellow neowiners!
      DI.FM for Windows 8
      Price: Free
      What does 'DI.FM' look like?

Current Features
      Stream all digitally imported radio stations from DI.FM
      Favorite any station
      Background enabled for easy listening
      Account-wide automatically-synced settings
      Beautiful interface; immerse yourself in the music

DI.FM on the Windows 8 App Store: http://bit.ly/WSz3xh
      Currently have a few updates in the pipeline, but could really use some community suggestions on how to improve DI.FM. Any input is always greatly appreciated!
      Thanks in advance everyone.