J.J Abrams "Revolution"

watched part of Episode 1 last week. I think this show is on par with any other NBC drama. it's not good, but watchable.

I love how it's a post-apocalyptic world, but all the women are still hot w/ long, clean, flowing hair. The men are perfectly groomed with clean, stylish clothes. and why are people suddenly resorting to muskets? :laugh:

anyway, the main character chick is pretty hot, but her constant nearly-crying-lost-puppy face is going to get old soon.

Also, this so far doesn't seem to be a supernatural/fantasy reason behind the power outage. More like someone/group to control and turned everything off.

Not credible that existing govt would collapse and gangs/militias take over. Martial law coordinating a shift back to 19th century tech would be far more likely.. I found it hard to suspend disbelief. The characters aren't very interesting, either. I'll stick with it for a while.

Not credible that existing govt would collapse and gangs/militias take over. Martial law coordinating a shift back to 19th century tech would be far more likely.. I found it hard to suspend disbelief. The characters aren't very interesting, either. I'll stick with it for a while.

Not credible? It's exactly what would happen. Oh, you would still have Loyalists. But without electricity, you can't keep order, no order and there will be collapse. From the collapse, people will take action. Local communities will start to govern themselves and ultimately, some insane ******** will come to power and then you will have local militias going out to take over other communities, by either just taking what they want(plundering) or by coercion.

Anything that NBC shows is garbage. I do not watch it.

Gee, thanx there Brother. Revolution is the first show I've seen on NBC in a very long time. But it's a fairly good show so far.

Can't trust NBC, since they own SyFy Channel and cancelled Caprica, raised our hopes with Blood & Chrome only to mull about scrapping it before it's even aired, and then there's the TV channel of SyFy itself that sucks.

So if this show makes it I'll download it online from questionable sites, just so I can watch it and not have to support NBC or it's advertisers.

Can't trust NBC, since they own SyFy Channel and cancelled Caprica, raised our hopes with Blood & Chrome only to mull about scrapping it before it's even aired, and then there's the TV channel of SyFy itself that sucks.

So if this show makes it I'll download it online from questionable sites, just so I can watch it and not have to support NBC or it's advertisers.

Caprica? Worst show since the new Battlestar Galactica. Give me the old Battlestar Galactica or Earth 2 any day.

Started to watch the first episode, saw "PG" in the corner, instantly though not another terra nova-aimed-at-children-garbage-tv-show, ****s sake we needs more swearing, violence and blood, ive got no interest in tv shows 'aimed at families' like this.

Started to watch the first episode, saw "PG" in the corner, instantly though not another terra nova-aimed-at-children-garbage-tv-show, ****s sake we needs more swearing, violence and blood, ive got no interest in tv shows 'aimed at families' like this.

had a really good fight scene in the first episode, worth a watch

Caprica? Worst show since the new Battlestar Galactica. Give me the old Battlestar Galactica or Earth 2 any day.

Are you joking? The new Battlestar Galactica has been touted as the best sci fi series to ever hit television. I thought Caprica was great and scify cancelled it prematurely. Old BSG is of course great but Earth 2 was garbage.

I really want to like Revolution. I was mildly interested watching the pilot and still have episode 2 on the DVR to watch. I'm almost afraid to tie myself to any series these days as they get cancelled.

I tried, as I like the initial premise, but I could not make it through the 1st episode.

I think I am just totally spoiled by the likes of AMC, FX, HBO, Showtime, etc. Cable TV, that when a show like this comes on Network TV, I just find the acting nearly unwatchable. Pretty much the last network series I liked was the older Law & Orders. Even the newer ones are awful.

So thanks Cable TV. You have made me totally incapable of watching any series on a prime-time network. :laugh:

Are you joking? The new Battlestar Galactica has been touted as the best sci fi series to ever hit television. I thought Caprica was great and scify cancelled it prematurely. Old BSG is of course great but Earth 2 was garbage.

I really want to like Revolution. I was mildly interested watching the pilot and still have episode 2 on the DVR to watch. I'm almost afraid to tie myself to any series these days as they get cancelled.

All about personal prefrences I guess. I personally, was glad Caprica and the new BSG got the boot. Earth 2 was way too short lived in my opinion. But, personal prefs.

Revolution itself is a great series in my opinion. But it will probably go the same way the Terra Nova went. Which is a shame. Two diff networks of course. But I liked both series.

So, I finally watched the first episode of this, to me, this show can only fit into 1 season, dragging it out more than 1 season would be a bad idea.

I may try watching episode 3 but those first two episodes were so-so. I think mainly I dont like the brother or sister. She always looks sad/suprised and he looks like a gigantic sad 12 year old with very rosey cheeks. I really liked the premise and I'm a fan of most of JJ's stuff.

Did anyone catch the horrible DVCam stock footage in the show? It was for 3 seconds when they saw the dogs and looked to where they should run. It dropped a whole star for me right there. Very unprofessional. Wouldn't it just be better not to show it? What were they thinking?

P.S. Tracy Spiridakos (Charlie) is smoking hot!

Did anyone catch the horrible DVCam stock footage in the show? It was for 3 seconds when they saw the dogs and looked to where they should run. It dropped a whole star for me right there. Very unprofessional. Wouldn't it just be better not to show it? What were they thinking?

P.S. Tracy Spiridakos (Charlie) is smoking hot!

Thought I was the only one who saw that, hahaha