Diablo III launch epic FAIL!

So you are mad at blizzard for forgetting your password and your secret question answer?

Actually, I somewhat recently had to retrieve my Battle.net password, and the process is nearly impossible. I eventually had to call Blizzard and spend hours on the phone. Their customer support in general really needs some work, and trying to get support through their website is horrible; it's like a seemingly never-ending circle jerk in Hell.

Actually, I somewhat recently had to retrieve my Battle.net password, and the process is nearly impossible. I eventually had to call Blizzard and spend hours on the phone. Their customer support in general really needs some work, and trying to get support through their website is horrible.

I got mine in less than a minute.

why should you have to log in and possibly wait in a que to play a Single Player game? not to mention the fact that if you lose internet at any time while playing you get kicked out (still talking about single player here)

It's not a single player game though. If it were single player you wouldn't need an always on internet connection. That's what people aren't seeing, the game isn't single player. It's multiplayer with the option to play alone (online).

what i hate about the 'always connected' thing, is i'll be 90% of the way through a level, and the server will drop me, and when i log back in, i'm alllll the way back at the last checkpoint, with nothing completed! UUGGHHH

there are online elements of the game you know, you can group with up to 4 people from the "internets" in "single player".. there's battle.net, the auction house.. and it's not done to combat piracy it's done to delay it so people will buy it at launch, every game gets cracked eventually...but as yet d3 has not

It's not a single player game though. If it were single player you wouldn't need an always on internet connection. That's what people aren't seeing, the game isn't single player. It's multiplayer with the option to play alone (online).

Or is it a single player game with the option to play with friends? Diablo, to me, should be that.

Actually, I somewhat recently had to retrieve my Battle.net password, and the process is nearly impossible. I eventually had to call Blizzard and spend hours on the phone. Their customer support in general really needs some work, and trying to get support through their website is horrible.

Wait, so did you not have access to your email address the account was setup with or what? I would've thought it'd be as simple as an email being sent to you to reset it.

Actually, that's exactly what I did with my old WoW account. Mine got compromised since it didn't have an authenticator on it (stopped playing the account in BC). I recently got it unbanned by submitting it through their online ticket form. Took 2 hours total between waiting for a GM to handle my ticket, sending them proof of identity, and unbanning the account. Maybe they had a high volume the day you called? :s

It's single player with coop.

It's single player with coop.

The way it's designed with emphasis on the online, with the battle.net friends, and such. Also the way the server is written, and the online elements. it's not. It is an always online game, just you either have people playing with you or not.

All "single player" game in D3 are fully online games. It's up to you to allow others to join, or if you want to join another game. As no "co-op" mode must be entered, it isn't single player with option to co-op. It's fully online the option is to lock your game or not.

At least we see Blizzard delayed the launch of Diablo 3 "UNTIL IT WAS COMPLETELY READY FOR LAUNCH" lol....

User score of this game reflect the whole debacle of the need of an "online connection" on a single player game....

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/diablo-iii

The game itself its a downgrade in every single aspect, the art seems like WOW with better graphics, the skills and customization its dumbed down, and annoying DRM dont help neither, its even worse than SC2.

ZmCme.png

IuZge.png

Kotaku coverage:

http://kotaku.com/5910662/when-it-comes-to-diablo-iii-error-3003-is-the-new-error-37

http://kotaku.com/5910480/last-nights-diablo-iii-debacle-demonstrates-the-problem-with-always+online-games

http://kotaku.com/5910995/diablo-iiis-error-37-dont-call-it-a-comeback

Destructoid:

http://www.destructoid.com/metacritic-user-reviews-tear-diablo-iii-apart-227545.phtml

As many said before vote with your wallets do not buy this.... i avoided starcraft 2 and i guess i pass on this one too, the lack of self dignity and current industry trends its killing the gaming, we have to stop this now or this will only get worse....

There is very little replay value -- I've already gone through the 'error 37, 3005 and 75' endings in the game and they didn't take very long to complete.

From meteoritic. Pretty funny if I must say so.

The way it's designed with emphasis on the online, with the battle.net friends, and such. Also the way the server is written, and the online elements. it's not. It is an always online game, just you either have people playing with you or not.

All "single player" game in D3 are fully online games. It's up to you to allow others to join, or if you want to join another game. As no "co-op" mode must be entered, it isn't single player with option to co-op. It's fully online the option is to lock your game or not.

which is what everyone is saying they don't like, we're not arguing how it is, we're arguing that it shouldn't be the way it is

the fact that if my internet is down for one reason or another or i'm on the go with my laptop and don't have access to the internet I won't be able to play a game by myself that i bought with my own money is just stupid any only hurting us

Well of course it?s an always online game, that?s what people are complaining about. The gameplay (sans the real auction house) doesn?t require the game to be always online. It was a design decision made for financial reasons, not player experience.

My concept for Blizzard saying that it should be online only to prevent folks from hacking items to sell on the auction house is to have offline characters and online characters and only allow you to use the auction house with items from online characters. and give the user the choice of which type of character they want to make at the beginning. This would help people that dont want to use any of the online functions.

However, I like the idea of being able to say "Hey want to help me with this quest?" and a friend can jump right into the game with me. However, i dont think they should force you to do it.

So Saints Row 2 + 3, Fable 2 + 3 and Gears of War 1, 2 + 3 aren't single-player games because your friends can join you without entering a special Co-Op mode?

My concept for Blizzard saying that it should be online only to prevent folks from hacking items to sell on the auction house is to have offline characters and online characters and only allow you to use the auction house with items from online characters. and give the user the choice of which type of character they want to make at the beginning. This would help people that dont want to use any of the online functions.

However, I like the idea of being able to say "Hey want to help me with this quest?" and a friend can jump right into the game with me. However, i dont think they should force you to do it.

Ya, im growing to like this mode a little more.

First, the game you make is private, except friends can pop in and out. You have the option to make it public though.

Last night while playing, I found a good stat yellow chest peice for a Demon Hunter. I was level 21, and this armor peice was for around lvl9. Well, just so happened to be a friend on who was a Demon Hunter and Level 9. I told him, " hey, when you get the chance , hop into my game and ill give you this awesome armor. And boom, he jumped in, grabbed it, and jumped out to go back to his story. It is a good thing to be able to just join friends so easily. There are downsides, but I found at least a plus side to this :)

Wait, so did you not have access to your email address the account was setup with or what? I would've thought it'd be as simple as an email being sent to you to reset it.

Actually, that's exactly what I did with my old WoW account. Mine got compromised since it didn't have an authenticator on it (stopped playing the account in BC). I recently got it unbanned by submitting it through their online ticket form. Took 2 hours total between waiting for a GM to handle my ticket, sending them proof of identity, and unbanning the account. Maybe they had a high volume the day you called? :s

Oh, yes, I had access to my email address. The problem was, in order to get my password reset, I had to log into customer support with my email address and password. Effing retarded lol. It took a couple days of me messing around with their ****ty website before I called, and then most of that time was spent on hold; once I actually got to talk to a person I had a password reset email sent within like 2 minutes.

what i hate about the 'always connected' thing, is i'll be 90% of the way through a level, and the server will drop me, and when i log back in, i'm alllll the way back at the last checkpoint, with nothing completed! UUGGHHH

That exact thing just happened to me! lol

"OMG Diablo wants me to be online all the time?! No way, I say! My time is important to me - I want to pretend like I still have dial-up!"

I swear, people bitch about the dumbest things. Granted, I too was skeptical about the so-called "DRM" about Diablo, but then I grew

up. What's wrong with having to be online to play it? This isn't the 90s anymore.

So the launch was screwed up... surprise? This is a Blizzard game, folks. They're notorious for underestimating server load, how many players they have, and how popular their games are. But if there's one lesson to be learned from it all, it's this: wait a while and try again. Epic, I know.

So the launch was screwed up... surprise? This is a Blizzard game, folks. They're notorious for underestimating server load, how many players they have, and how popular their games are. But if there's one lesson to be learned from it all, it's this: wait a while and try again. Epic, I know.

I totally heard that in Deckard Cain's voice. :laugh:

"OMG Diablo wants me to be online all the time?! No way, I say! My time is important to me - I want to pretend like I still have dial-up!"

I swear, people bitch about the dumbest things. Granted, I too was skeptical about the so-called "DRM" about Diablo, but then I grew

up. What's wrong with having to be online to play it? This isn't the 90s anymore.

like i said in a previous post, i have no problem with having to be online when it starts to do a check, but having to repeat 30+ minutes of game play because their server drops me is NOT fun...

While I think Blizzard should have done what he suggested earlier in the video of have two characters one stored on your computer for single player and one stored on the server for multiplayer (just like D2) I also think that these server issues are just a disadvantage of having your characters in the cloud however I prefer the advantage of knowing that my character will always be there.

If for whatever reason my HDD dies and I find out everything is gone then I would have lost all of the effort I have put into games and most probably would give up and not play them... However with characters stored on the cloud you just login and you're good to go.

But the problem is Blizzard don't give us that option which yeah I agree is kind of stupid queuing for a single player game!

Well, for starters, playing it years down the line may be impossible when Blizzard decides to **** everybody who bought the game and shut down the servers. Probably most people won't care at that point and we'll be playing Diablo 5 or something, but that's not the point.