As Facebook grows, millions say, 'no, thanks'

Its amusing that people are getting so worked up because others have no interest in Facebook. "You have no interest in Facebook?! I take this as a personal insult and will make stupid assumptions about you!" :rofl:

I don't need it because all my friends and family I care about I talk to on regular basis anyways. You know, face to face. Not over the web in such an impersonal way as text message through Facebook.

Good job making stupid silly assumptions about other people you don't know, though.

If you don't want to use Facebook then don't.

I've had FB account since uni (when you needed a .ac.uk/.edu email) and I still use it daily. What annoys me is that the world and his wife now have a Facebook account and people put WAY too much information on it. I actually cringe daily at what some people put on there. Also, If I wouldn't speak to you in the street then why would I want to be friends with you on FB.

There's absolutely no need to have a Facebook account if you don't care about gossip or exposing your life.

Fact.

Ummm you don't know what Facebook is, do you. Just rmours you've heard on the interwebz

Ummm you don't know what Facebook is, do you. Just rmours you've heard on the interwebz

Yep. It is too hard, as every week I get around two or three invitations.

Unfortunately it is almost impossible not to know Facebook if you're not a 85 y/o lady.

Yep. It is too hard, as every week I get around two or three invitations.

Unfortunately it is almost impossible not to know Facebook if you're not a 85 y/o lady.

Yet you don't know what Facebook is or what it is or can be used for. Because its certainly not limited to the things you listed, but also has many far more useful functions.

No one forces anyone to accept everyone and his dogs friend request, nor to invite every person you've met in you're life, nor is it a requirement to share every toilet visit, which is also why FB allows you to lock your profile,set privacy rules, only see important ipupdates and not every update, or even no updates at all.

• Like 1

Yet you don't know what Facebook is or what it is or can be used for. Because its certainly not limited to the things you listed, but also has many far more useful functions.

No one forces anyone to accept everyone and his dogs friend request, nor to invite every person you've met in you're life, nor is it a requirement to share every toilet visit, which is also why FB allows you to lock your profile,set privacy rules, only see important ipupdates and not every update, or even no updates at all.

If I just turn off everything that bothers me, like the things you listed here, I would make Facebook useless. It is useless by itself for me, it is not that I don't know it.

I don't want people to know that I exist because I have a profile. Humanity and I have lived pretty well without social networks and I really don't think that it is getting any better after that.

Why would that make it useless. As I said, you don't know what Facebook is, just rumors you've heard from mostly haters who themselves don't know much about it except they don't like it or want it.

there was some that said telephones were hogwash and not wanted, then fax machines, then the internet, then cell phones, then texting, then im, and on and on and on... each and every platform of communication has people that think its stupid or silly. When it comes down to it, just simply not use it. Why hate what someone esle does if it has no effect on you. I personally couldn't care less that you like to where plaid boxers. Nor do i car your wife wears underwire bras. So why would YOU care if i use facebook? people need to stop worrying about what other people like and stop hating so much.

I swear, those that "hate" Facebook and claim they are in touch with their "friends" without it are the forever alone types that don't have any friends to be in touch with, so they don't need Facebook, and they hate it because they can't add any friends :(

Boooooo let's whine about Facebook !

I have 8 people who I consider close enough to count as friends. True blue friends who would go out of their way to help me, and vice versa. People who I share my life with gladly, my hopes, my dreams, my times of sadness and my times of joy.

I place those 8 people far and above the 400+ "friends" certain folks here have on FB. 99% of which I can guarantee you don't even actually know.