Randy Pitchard from Alien: Colonial Marines Offers High Praise of Wii U .

http://www.zeldainfo...e-of-wii-u-most

the fact the Wii U is getting another shooting game with multiplayer and such isn?t the real story here. What?s more interesting is the praise he has for the Wii U platform. He reassures us of several things while being as vague as possible.

He states plainly the Wii U is the most powerful system on the market when it comes out, something that keeps getting wildly debated. At this point it?s time we just important listen to the developers. He said the best looking version is on the Wii U. What more do you need?

more is shown in the video he talks more in the video oh gonna be great

http://www.zeldainfo...ii-u-controller New updated controller with analog sticks

Still without a doubt the worst name in console history. The name Wii was terrible already, but now they have to make it sound like it smells bad. Bragging about how powerful it is compared to a six year old console is silly also. The controller looks ridiculous but the analog sticks are an improvement.

Still without a doubt the worst name in console history. The name Wii was terrible already, but now they have to make it sound like it smells bad. Bragging about how powerful it is compared to a six year old console is silly also. The controller looks ridiculous but the analog sticks are an improvement.

if you watch the video on the link he states how comfortable the controller is in the hands and really a great hardcore gamer controller or ther abouts

Well it better be the fastest, it's 5 years after the last new console came out. The problem isn't being the fastest out now. The problem is that it will be minimally faster then the 360 and ps3. And in a years or year and a half it'll be far behind again.

Well it better be the fastest, it's 5 years after the last new console came out. The problem isn't being the fastest out now. The problem is that it will be minimally faster then the 360 and ps3. And in a years or year and a half it'll be far behind again.

well is your core i7 or my core i7 minimal faster then the Pentium D chips .. No they are not they are far far beyond faster then that chip. if the system was only minimally faster i am sure Developers would be bitching big time @ nintendo and the fact minimally doesn't work for the new controller as the system has to be fast enough to transfer actions and reactions button and motion information and video and audio to and from the screen not to mention be able to do augmented reality being able to have free roaming abilities on the small or big screen while soothing else in the game is being done or rendered on the big screen . No way a slightly faster then the 360 could do that. as i have stated in other forums and this one based on what we know the U is running a current Powerr 7 based Multi-core with lots of Edram on board chip and an R700 based AMd GPU

Example of augmented reality shown last year 2 different examples for refreshing everyone's memory

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=785wfHYY27Q&feature=related

Actually,yes the 360 could handle that just fine. Not sure what makes you think it couldn't, outside of limited technical knowledge.

It wouldn't be able to do with at quite the detail level, but that doesn't make the wii u the quantum leap that a pentimento to an i7 is, more like i5 to i7.

Actually,yes the 360 could handle that just fine. Not sure what makes you think it couldn't, outside of limited technical knowledge.

It wouldn't be able to do with at quite the detail level, but that doesn't make the wii u the quantum leap that a pentimento to an i7 is, more like i5 to i7.

Hell the 360 can barely handle Kinect as i have played wround with it differant stores and a friends house and it lags somtimes or allot in some cases but not all the time. the Wii U is based 6 years newer CPU tech so it will be faster then the 360 by a long shot . and the i5 to 17 is nothing as it is the same CPU archtecure How dumb would Nintendo be to use left over 360 scraps cause that is what your implying that the Wii U is just slightly faster then a 6 year old system using 6 year old CPU and GPU architecture .

About as dumb as they where when they launched the Wii.

You don't get Nintendo market strategy at all. They don't want the top end hardware spot. They want to be cheap and affordable with the games carrying the brand, not the hardware.

What has been stated is that the wii u can run 360 like graphics, but at 1080, or slightly better, but maybe not full 1080 then.

It's not gonna be a contended for the context gen crown, it will most likely beat the 360 and PS3, well it better. But it want be a generation shift. Not like what you'll see when the next Xbox or play station is released 2013/ early 2014.

About as dumb as they where when they launched the Wii.

You don't get Nintendo market strategy at all. They don't want the top end hardware spot. They want to be cheap and affordable with the games carrying the brand, not the hardware.

What has been stated is that the wii u can run 360 like graphics, but at 1080, or slightly better, but maybe not full 1080 then.

It's not gonna be a contended for the context gen crown, it will most likely beat the 360 and PS3, well it better. But it want be a generation shift. Not like what you'll see when the next Xbox or play station is released 2013/ early 2014.

oh BS from Wiki

The Wii U CPU is designed by IBM. It is described by IBM as an "all-new, Power-based microprocessor",[63] the processor is a multi-core design manufactured at 45 nm with an eDRAM cache. Although neither Nintendo nor IBM has revealed detailed specifications, such as the number of cores, clock rate, or cache sizes, references to the chip containing "a lot" of eDRAM and "the same processor technology found in Watson"[64] indicate that the processor shares some characteristics with IBM's POWER7processor, which powers the Watson computer system and incorporates a large L3 eDRAM cache.

The Wii U CPU will be produced by IBM at their 300 mm semiconductor manufacturing facility in East Fishkill, New York.[63]

That alone makes the Wii U in the CPU area more powerful then the current 360 CPU based on 6/7 year old generation architecture also since it has been siad the R700 AMd GPU may be in the Wii that put the Wii U GPU 4870 4 Generations ahead of what is in the Xbox 360 and Regie Felice or how ever you spell is name has stated that they wanted to make a system great for Hardcore gamers good for Developer something they be happy with

oh BS from Wiki

The Wii U CPU is designed by IBM. It is described by IBM as an "all-new, Power-based microprocessor",[63] the processor is a multi-core design manufactured at 45 nm with an eDRAM cache. Although neither Nintendo nor IBM has revealed detailed specifications, such as the number of cores, clock rate, or cache sizes, references to the chip containing "a lot" of eDRAM and "the same processor technology found in Watson"[64] indicate that the processor shares some characteristics with IBM's POWER7processor, which powers the Watson computer system and incorporates a large L3 eDRAM cache.

The Wii U CPU will be produced by IBM at their 300 mm semiconductor manufacturing facility in East Fishkill, New York.[63]

That alone makes the Wii U in the CPU area more powerful then the current 360 CPU based on 6/7 year old generation architecture also since it has been siad the R700 AMd GPU may be in the Wii that put the Wii U GPU 4870 4 Generations ahead of what is in the Xbox 360 and Regie Felice or how ever you spell is name has stated that they wanted to make a system great for Hardcore gamers good for Developer something they be happy with

Yes, it's more powerful never denied that, but seriously get a grip. Nintendo is not buying a powerhouse, they're buying a cheap CPU for a cheap mass market console. and notice how it says IBM has released NO specs for it.

Nintendo is using a cheaper lower end CPU. and they're increasing the minimum res to 1080. from the pitiful SD res of the Wii. yes it will have better graphics than the 360, but it won't be a generation leap, the fact that they're running 1080 instead of 720 also take a significant amount of the power. Nintendo will beat the 360.

but they won't be close to the next gen from MS and Sony. it's just not the market they're aiming for. MS and Sony's consoles will launch at 500-600$ if not more. Nintendo will aim for 250-300 maybe up to 400, either way much much lower, and they're early.

And techncially IBM already made the Wii cpu as well. and the Wii and 360 was released at the same time, yet the Wii as far slower. your logic just failed.

No i my logic did not yours must of or somthing because you seem to think a CPU made now is not much better then what was aviliable 6/7 years ago and While yes Nintendo has a cheaper version of the Power 7 CPU it most certainly is not a slouch . as of right now most 360 games barly run 720P resolution so the fact the Wii U will be 1080p standard out the box and have the horse power to render that + graphics beyond the 360 and PS3 means it is no slouch .

Now even if the Power 7 based CPU used in the Watson that is in the Wii is only running @ 2ghz it will still and can outperform the Power 4/5 generation CPU in the 360 for gaming power and other things the Wii U may end up doing even if it is only a Dual core CPU 2 Powerful efficient cores are better then the 6 threaded CPU in the 360 even if it is dual core with 4 threads per core like the Power 7 chips are it be more efficient and powerful then the Tri-core in the 360

Example using PC spec or chips Your logic seems to think a core i7 let say running 2ghz chip AKA Wii U is not much more powerful then the Pentium D Dual core chip running 3.8ghz AKA 360 @ 3.2ghz how do you figure the Wii U with the 4 gnerations newer GPU based on the R700 desktop GPu more then likly as all reports account and the 7 years more advanced CPU is not much faster at all

http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/07/ibm-puts-watsons-brains-in-nintendo-wii-u/

No i my logic did not yours must of or somthing because you seem to think a CPU made now is not much better then what was aviliable 6/7 years ago and While yes Nintendo has a cheaper version of the Power 7 CPU it most certainly is not a slouch . as of right now most 360 games barly run 720P resolution so the fact the Wii U will be 1080p standard out the box and have the horse power to render that + graphics beyond the 360 and PS3 means it is no slouch .

Now even if the Power 7 based CPU used in the Watson that is in the Wii is only running @ 2ghz it will still and can outperform the Power 4/5 generation CPU in the 360 for gaming power and other things the Wii U may end up doing even if it is only a Dual core CPU 2 Powerful efficient cores are better then the 6 threaded CPU in the 360 even if it is dual core with 4 threads per core like the Power 7 chips are it be more efficient and powerful then the Tri-core in the 360

Example using PC spec or chips Your logic seems to think a core i7 let say running 2ghz chip AKA Wii U is not much more powerful then the Pentium D Dual core chip running 3.8ghz AKA 360 @ 3.2ghz how do you figure the Wii U with the 4 gnerations newer GPU based on the R700 desktop GPu more then likly as all reports account and the 7 years more advanced CPU is not much faster at all

http://www.engadget....nintendo-wii-u/

Fail

http://www.engadget....nintendo-wii-u/

Punctuation is your friend.